The UYI's Tour?

Marc- Axl was quoted as saying he should not have/didn't want to do the UYI's tour and was basically tricked/forced into tour. His exact quote was " A lot of this goes way, way back to 1991, when we were super late going on stage," Rose said. "I should not have been on tour. I went on tour for three reasons my manager booked a tour without authorization. If Slash died of heroin, it's my fault. And Slash pushing me." Couple questions- did he really not want to/feel he should tour? What do you think was his plan....just release these 2 huge/epic albums and sit back? Thanks Marc!

Edited by Snowmass

I didn't hear about that till latter but it makes sense because the records were not ready and they got rushed because of it and Axl was in the middle of working out somethings in his life and may have not been ready for a big tour. However it also makes sense why Alan booked that tour to bully Geffen into giving the band a better contract and Summer is the time to tour when you have 2 big records coming out. So I see Alan booked that tour and I can see why Axl didn't want to do it. I think Alan thought the records would have been finished by then anyway.

Regarding lateness going onstage... are you aware if Axl suffers from anxiety or panic attacks? I know Duff does, and used to deal with it by being wasted - now it's meditation and exercise.