Matt Sorum describes how Axl used to fire him

BBA

Gilby Clarke also said that he was fired multiple times, before he was actually fired (which was June 1994 by the way):

K!: The rumours that you were out of the band were flying around at the time.

G: "That kind of stuff, you can never stop it. I've heard so many reports that I got fired - and, you know, I've been in the band for two-and-a-half years, and I've been fired a few times. All kinds of people have been fired!

K!: For real?!

G: "For real. I've seen more than just me being fired. I've seen other people quit, I've seen other people fired, you know, whatever. It's not that big a deal."

K!: And it's still the same band.

G: "Exactly. Realistically, in the whole GN'R world, you don't know what's going to happen. I don't know what's going to happen. From the day I got the job, I didn't know if I'd be there for a week, a year, whatever.
"I think the same can be said about most people around the band. Axl and Slash call most of the shots. The rest of us just kinda go with the flow. You just never know, cos it's not our call. You're relying on Axl, and he changes his mind quite a bit.
"I have been fired a few times, and it was for nothing that I did. That was another reason for me making my album - you don't know what's going to happen in GN'R. I don't know if I'm going to be around for the next album. I don't know who's going to be around!"

- Gilby, May 1994, Kerrang.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=60

Edited by DieselDaisy