Massive Attack, Liz Fraser playing russian punk classics

netcat

MA provided live soundtrack to Adam Curtis film essay Everything is Going According to the Plan during Manchester Festival. Robert Del Naja said to the audience it's gonna be a "collective hallucination" and played the cover of famous russian punk classic of the 80s, song by Egor Letov and his band GrOb Everything is Going According to the Plan - IN RUSSIAN.

Then Liz Fraser from The Swans did a cover of russian punk chick Janka Djagileva song and she used lots of russian dirty words

The film itself is allegedly about fates of nations and poodles of power :rofl-lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/the_years_of_stagnation_and_th

Edited by netcat

Good stuff, great message. I have seen The Swans, missed them the last two times they came around.

as far i understood, the essence of the message here is no one needs social progress anymore, politicians and elites only want to keep status quo. but that's the way it's always had been - times of big changes are followed by times of stagnation.

however this guy Adam Curtis knows all this russian stuff surprisingly well. i loved the story about Putin, his poodle, and russian rock stars being poodles of the regime. :rofl-lol: