Will Dj Ashba help Axl make a better album?

axldoyle

I think since Axl and DJ seem to be very good friends, I think they could write cool music together.

I've listened to some of DJ's solo stuff and he has a good voice. Maybe if GNR ever do a new cd, Axl might let him and other members sing some songs like Izzy did on the Illusions cds.

I think Axl and DJ have had similar childhoods, so maybe writing about that could be good for both of them.

I think DJ will give old school gnr fans an album they want. The tracks he worked on with Crue were the best ones on the album and definitely what the fans wanted.

That's a blanket statement that is your opinion and not fact.

I was a huge Crue fan back in the old days. IMO, Too Fast For Love is one of the best albums of that genre. And Don't Go Away Mad and Kickstart my Heart were great party hard rock type songs.

So when I heard that the Crue were "going back" to the old sound I was pumped and couldn't wait for the album to come out.

Unfortunately, the album totally sucked. (Just my opinion). It didn't sound like old school Motley Crue at all. It sounded like a band "trying" to recreate a sound. It was forced and cliched and didn't produce anything that would be listed in a greatest hits package from that band.

So he didn't give this fan what he wanted, I don't think his songs were the best on the album, and the album didn't really do that well comericially either.

With that said,

I'll admit I don't like his look (15 year old emo girl) or his shameless self promotion or his goofy stuff during concerts (hulk hogan ears).

But I do really like a band that he has helped produce. And although I don't really dig Sixx AM, I can respect the fact that they seem to be a pretty solid band.

While it sounds like I don't like the guy, I would actually love to see Axl/Beta and her kids let DJ produce the next GnR album. Sixx AM had a pretty big rock hit a few years ago, we know that DJ loves to write and produce, and I think he can produce a good rock album.

I would love to see this band take the leftover CD tracks, write 10 songs together as a band, bring in a batch of songs that the band has been writing on their own............and give those 30-40 songs to BBF and DJ and let them work on the songs and produce songs for a double album released in May 2014. Give DJ and BBF a chance to see what they can do.