Aerosmith or Guns n' Roses

T.wa.T

70's Aerosmith will always hold a special place with me. 1985-1986 because I was right there watching them put together those songs and a good two hand full of latter Guns songs does the same. I can't pick one I like better, they both mean so much to me. Its almost like picking between your parents.

<p>I met Joe in 1981 and Steven in 1982 and I made friends with him then. I only saw 2 GNR/Aerosmith gigs. I tracked Joe down at the Sunset Marquis hotel the day after he did Rock Line in Los Angeles I was 16 years old then. Steven was at the Beverly Hills Hotel and I was waiting in the lobby with a shit load of stuff to get signed. After he saw how much shit I had with me, he invited me back to the room where Tom Hamilton was and their manger David Krebs. I brought them some Canter's food and we hung out all day. </p>

<p> </p>

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Marc are you a fan of Done With Mirrors? I like all of Aerosmiths older stuff to but this one seems a little forgotten. Let the Music do the Talking is a cool song for starters

I like My Fist Your Face and a few other songs but you are right, its not that great of a record.

I'm not to fond of Done With Mirrors either.I do like Rock In A Hard Place,even tho Joe and Brad were out the door by this time.But I Love the over all feel of it.Always loved the bluesier/jazzier/swingier style of Aerosmith........what ever the hell ya want to call it lol

And I guess that's why I love Bad Apples,kinda has the same feel to it.