Have you and Slash ever discussed Axl bailing on your book?

I take it that Axl is the type of person who replays things he reads about himself "over and over" in his head, dissecting them from every angle, as his imagination runs wild? Do you think he reads this forum on a regular basis?

The fact that he did the chats a few years ago means that he was on here and read something he didn't like and felt the need to jump in which was great to see him get some things off of his chest. I would hope that he is not reading this stuff anymore because there are some assholes here that what they have to say would only set him back. Also the fact that he said in an interview a little while ago that he didn't read Duffs book is also a good thing. I think it shows that he is able to move on and not worry about people are saying because in the end it doesn't matter.

Marc,

It seem´s that if you can somehow heal the relation with Axl, that could be the way for better future in many sense.

Do you think, that Axl and Slash has many mutual friends?

This is, infact, very important question.

I do think they have some mutual friends. Most of them would probably me musicians but none of them would be able to get Axl to talk to Slash. It would have to be a professional. Someone that can talk to each of them separate to really know what the problem is and then to first explain them that its not that hard to fix it.

Slash is interested in Axl´s doing´s and vice versa. All we need is a common factor in order to get them talk.

In 2008 I did talk to Slash about Axl. I was worried about Axl after Beta called me to tell me that I said some bad things in an interview and then she said hold on and Axl got on the phone and said is this Marc and I said yes and then he went to town on me at the top of his lungs for about 2 minutes and slammed the phone. First of all he totally miss interpreted what I was saying but It made me sick to hear him so upset. I did talk to Slash about it because I was very concerned about Axl and I also talked to Doug Goldstein about it too.

Slash already knew that Axl was on the edge at that time. Thats why when he started touring again in 2009, I was happy to see him out and about. It kills me to see Axl not enjoying himself and his success. He worked hard to earn that. Life is too short so there is no time to get hung up on that kind of bad energy that was keeping him down. Other then that Slash asked me a few times around that time "when is Axl going to put out his record" as if I had the answer to that. I told himthat I had heard a lot of the songs and that they sounded good He knew that Axl didn't support the book anymore but he didn't really know that he also stopped talking to me.

I have to ask. How did Slash know Axl was on edge?

Probably from someone in the business that they both know.

In 2008 I did talk to Slash about Axl. I was worried about Axl after Beta called me to tell me that I said some bad things in an interview and then she said hold on and Axl got on the phone and said is this Marc and I said yes and then he went to town on me at the top of his lungs for about 2 minutes and slammed the phone. First of all he totally miss interpreted what I was saying but It made me sick to hear him so upset. I did talk to Slash about it because I was very concerned about Axl and I also talked to Doug Goldstein about it too.

Slash already knew that Axl was on the edge at that time. Thats why when he started touring again in 2009, I was happy to see him out and about. It kills me to see Axl not enjoying himself and his success. He worked hard to earn that. Life is too short so there is no time to get hung up on that kind of bad energy that was keeping him down. Other then that Slash asked me a few times around that time "when is Axl going to put out his record" as if I had the answer to that. I told himthat I had heard a lot of the songs and that they sounded good He knew that Axl didn't support the book anymore but he didn't really know that he also stopped talking to me.

I have to ask. How did Slash know Axl was on edge?

Probably from someone in the business that they both know.

Was he worried about Axl?

Marc- we all know Axl is awaiting the grand apology from Slash....have you apologized/reached out to him about the misunderstanding that lead to his being mad at you and did you get a response?

In the email that we had back in 2008 and I thought we left off somewhat ok. However remember I do lots of interviews and I'm sure if he misunderstood me before, then by now I'm in way deep.

I am guessing you sharing your stories and opinions about him and Slash on this forum might not sit too well with Axl considering the way he tries to control anything related to him............

Marc- we all know Axl is awaiting the grand apology from Slash....have you apologized/reached out to him about the misunderstanding that lead to his being mad at you and did you get a response?

In the email that we had back in 2008 and I thought we left off somewhat ok. However remember I do lots of interviews and I'm sure if he misunderstood me before, then by now I'm in way deep.

I am guessing you sharing your stories and opinions about him and Slash on this forum might not sit too well with Axl considering the way he tries to control anything related to him............

I guess that would be the case now but in 1994 it was a different story. However he would probably tell me to be cautious in the interviews because the press loves to twist stuff.

I guess that would be the case now but in 1994 it was a different story. However he would probably tell me to be cautious in the interviews because the press loves to twist stuff.

Do you think he started having issues with the press in the early 90's? I have 2 boot DVD's with some nice MTV interviews with Axl and then he pretty much seemed to stop talking to the press and wanted them to sign the contract to follow the UYI tour of South America giving him content control...

Edited by classicrawker

Do you think he started having issues with the press in the early 90's? I have 2 boot DVD's with some nice MTV interviews with Axl and then he pretty much seemed to stop talking to the press and wanted them to sign the contract to follow the UYI tour of South America giving him content control...

The Press was getting things wrong since the beginning. The press once got something wrong regarding Canter's back in 1997 and everybody I knew thought it was true except Axl knew it was bullshit. Most people think that if you are on the news or something is printed in a magazine that it is true but they fuck things up and twist things to make their story sell move ad space or copies of the magazine.

Edited by recklessroad

Do you think he reads this forum on a regular basis?

I would hope that he is not reading this stuff anymore because there are some assholes here that what they have to say would only set him back.

i don't think they're assholes. they're just gnr fans disappointed by axl's attitude towards slash and the fact he's still using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore since 1996.

I'm not sure if him talking would eleviate people's dislike for him, but it might make him feel better to get his side of the story out. He talked quite a bit back in the day about a variety of things and I don't think it made people necessarily like him more. Axl is just a very polarizing person.