If Axl had gone solo....

tk1

Marc,

Just curious how you think Axl's career would have been different had he gone solo as opposed to continuing as GN'R. This isn't meant to turn into a discussion of who should have the name or if it all went down fairly. Just curious how you think Axl's career would be different. Do you think he would be playing in venue's similar to those Slash play in? I imagine he would have released more music but maybe not headlining festivals and probably playing smaller venues. Your thoughts? Thanks!!

I think the name GNR will also be a bigger draw. Some people don't even know that the old guys are gone. They hear the music on the radio and now buy tickets to go see them. Not everyone is a big enough fan to know everything that is going on with the band when they go to see them. I know some people that went to see GNR last year and told me Slash was great.

I think Axl would do well on his own and I also think he would have put out much more music that would still be the same quality as the last record. I also don't think he will ever put out music without the GNR name.

I know some people that went to see GNR last year and told me Slash was great.

LOL.

I remember being in the first few rows of the Izod center and having to tell people (who got that close, meaning they lined up at least 6 hours before Axl got on stage) that Slash wasn't there. They weren't bummed, but baffled.

Still, I believe that it would have been much better for Axl if he had gone solo... Of course, this is just my opinion but I think that he would then be free from a huge burden and his career could take a much better turn with more music releases and more presence in the media. And though I can somewhat understand why he got stubborn to keep GNR and prove smth to both Slash and everyone else I think doing that he hurt himself more than anybody else. I really wish he had gone solo. And I believe the name of W Axl Rose is enough to draw a lot of people. And his audiences would still be larger than SLash's because he was the voice, the frontman, the most visible and recognized member of Guns N Roses.