If they hadn't made it big?

SunnyDRE

I think Izzy would be dead or in Jail I think the rest of them would had day jobs doing what it takes to pay the bills and I still think Slash would have ended up playing guitar for a living.

Why you think just Izzy would be dead or in jail? I'm curious.

I can't see any of them in regular day jobs, living a ordinary life, haha.

Well they did have day jobs back then. The difference with Izzy was he was a junkie and a dealer and that together is a high risk, so that's why I think he would have ended up that way. I'm glad that he didn't die and was able to get out of that life style. I also think that Slash could have died from drugs if he would have not signed over the GNR name and stuck around fighting it out with Axl. Too much stress would have been involved in that unless they just didn't agree and the band broke up and they all went their own ways.

By the way Steven should be dead too. There had to be an angel up there keeping him alive all those years.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 3

Well they did have day jobs back then. The difference with Izzy was he was a junkie and a dealer and that together is a high risk, so that's why I think he would have ended up that way. I'm glad that he didn't die and was able to get out of that life style. I also think that Slash could have died from drugs if he would have not signed over the GNR name and stuck around fighting it out with Axl. Too much stress would have been involved in that unless they just didn't agree and the band broke up and they all went their own ways.

By the way Steven should be dead too. There had to be an angel up there keeping him alive all those years.

I think someone said Izzy was making the money from crack to pay the bills, but that's such a high risk thing to be involved in. It didn't seem like he was trying to get rich off of it, but there must have been times he had thousands of dollars in his pocket when the other guys were scraping by.

You must have worried for him, not just because he was using heroin but because a supplier could have shot him, or an addict trying to get his stash, or the cops could have busted him and put an end to the music career. There also must have been a day where he told the guys he was done dealing and they didn't have anything to worry about.

I'm really glad they are all still with us