Who inspired who (Axl's dress sense and dance movement)

vaida

Richard Black of Shark Island claims Axl stole his moves as does Vicky Hamilton in old interviews. Marc Canter has posted here stating he does not believe this to be true............

Many Popular bands and personalities came to see Shark Island, that's a fact, and many took elements home with them for their stage show or album covers, or wardrobe…oh well, I'm flattered…nothing that could have altered the path of my career.
But that good-for-nothing Axl Rose, he' really a piece of work for the dregs.
As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life. Him and his cronies would come every week and watch the show.
One day before GnR's debut, I went to his place…as I walked in I saw a video of me playing on his TV and on top was a stack of VHS tapes all labeled Shark Island with dates and times. I remember being mortified, it was obvious he was studying my shtick, and I knew there was nothing I could do, being their album was about to be released, and he'd cap on the press get the credit.
My many years of developing, and refining my craft and years of modern dance were up for grabs by this fool and a video camcorder.
I remember some people telling me about him acting like me, but I never worried much on a count that we were all in the same boat.
Then came Welcome To The Jungle, I though I was looking in the mirror, or the videos on Axl's TV.
You said 'borrowed' earlier well that implies a payback. What burns me up even more is in his heyday he never so much as mentioned Shark Island or Richard Black in all his press. Which, by the way, could have helped us at no cost to him; he never even threw us a bone.
Now, truth be told, I couldn't possibly care less. That's all old crap and it does me no good now, besides, I am nothing like I was back then, and I'd look like a fool to try.

full interview with Black here

http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/sharkisland-richardblack.html

Edited by classicrawker

davy-jones-4.gif

Don't re-call Axl making those moves, ever.. heh..

Richard Black of Shark Island claims Axl stole his moves as does Vicky Hamilton in old interviews. Marc Canter has posted here stating he does not believe this to be true............

Many Popular bands and personalities came to see Shark Island, that's a fact, and many took elements home with them for their stage show or album covers, or wardrobe…oh well, I'm flattered…nothing that could have altered the path of my career.

But that good-for-nothing Axl Rose, he' really a piece of work for the dregs.

As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life. Him and his cronies would come every week and watch the show.

One day before GnR's debut, I went to his place…as I walked in I saw a video of me playing on his TV and on top was a stack of VHS tapes all labeled Shark Island with dates and times. I remember being mortified, it was obvious he was studying my shtick, and I knew there was nothing I could do, being their album was about to be released, and he'd cap on the press get the credit.

My many years of developing, and refining my craft and years of modern dance were up for grabs by this fool and a video camcorder.

I remember some people telling me about him acting like me, but I never worried much on a count that we were all in the same boat.

Then came Welcome To The Jungle, I though I was looking in the mirror, or the videos on Axl's TV.

You said 'borrowed' earlier well that implies a payback. What burns me up even more is in his heyday he never so much as mentioned Shark Island or Richard Black in all his press. Which, by the way, could have helped us at no cost to him; he never even threw us a bone.

Now, truth be told, I couldn't possibly care less. That's all old crap and it does me no good now, besides, I am nothing like I was back then, and I'd look like a fool to try.

full interview with Black here

http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/sharkisland-richardblack.html

Heh.. good quote..

Edited by vaida