www.SlashFans.com interviewed Pamela Manning

WFA

Thank you to www.SlashFans.com news reporter JoGer99 for getting this interview! He did a great job.

I was able to Interview Pamela Manning for the forum :headbang:

JoGer99 : Hey Pamela,I would like to start off by thanking you for doing this for the forum,really appreciate it.
When did you start getting involved with GNR and how did it come about ?

Pamela Manning: In the very early 80's back before "Guns N' Roses", when the band was still "Hollywood Rose", we met up in a studio where I was kinda in a band with Suzi Sphereious on guitar, Sarah Rivka Zulauf on Bass, me on drums and Barbi Von Grief who would sing a little. We really did not name the band but Barbi von Grief came up with the name "Pretty Vicious". The guys used to hang out and that is how we met.

JoGer99 : How was your experience with them back then?

Pamela Manning : We spent a lot of time spray painting leather jackets, making costumes, plus photo shoots, a music video (even back than), eating Chris Webber's mom's food, hanging at the Webber's house a lot. Rehearsals and gigs, we where young and it was fun!

JoGer99 : Would you have expected that they would become one of greatest rock bands of all time?

Pamela Manning: I had a vision, while Axl was singing and in that vision I saw a large crowd, i saw him as a rock star. I told him about it later and when he heard my words, he told me I hope it comes true! And then I told him I believed it will. I had a lot of visions that came true in the 80's for some reason. So I can say yes, I did see it coming.

JoGer99: Do you have a favourite GNR song? And if yes which one and why?

Pamela Manning: Well they had a lot of great ones but if I had to choose I would say "November Rain", I just like the song, no reason, just like all the instruments in it and all, plus my birthday is in November.

JoGer99 : Are you still in contact with the guys ? And if yes who ? And what do think of their current projects?

Pamela Manning: Yes, mostly Steven and Axl. I see Izzy but there is nothing between us now, he lives in his own world. Slash is all around playing everywhere, I am sure I will run into him again. Duff I only see every now and then.

JoGer99: Last question...do you think a reunion will ever happen ?

Pamela Manning: Reunion? Hmmm...NO :)

JoGer99: Thanks a lot Pamela

Pamela Manning: You're Welcome

• Like 2

Good job, Jo and WFA.

I had nothing to do with this, it was all JoGer. He sought her out and asked these questions on his own :) it was a nice surprise to wake up and read this.

Well done JoGer :thumbsup:

Thanks Gunner and WFA :)

Further Interviews with (My) Michelle Young and possibly Jack Lue coming soon.

• Like 1

Good job, Jo and WFA.

I had nothing to do with this, it was all JoGer. He sought her out and asked these questions on his own :) it was a nice surprise to wake up and read this.

Well done JoGer :thumbsup:

Yeah, but you still have the credits over the forum and for making him reporter :P

Again, congrats, Jo ;)