The RPG Thread.

bran

On 2/22/2016 at 1:56 PM, LightningBolt said:

I think the Gamecube and Wii ones are worth playing (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn). Awakening on the 3DS is really good, too. There are two DS ones that I've heard mixed things about. I don't know if both of them were localized, though.

Currently playing Shadow Dragon since I have no way to play 3DS or Gamecub/Wii (I guess I could computer emulator, but I prefer to play these on my phone).

SD is definitely the worst FE game I've played yet, by a long way. It's still fun, but the writing is terrible, I don't think the updated graphics look that good either. Combat is essentially the same as the other FE handheld games, so no complaints there. Although the map design isn't too great either tbh. I'm about 30% through the game, I'd give it a 5/10.

On 3/9/2016 at 1:50 PM, OmarBradley said:

Currently playing Shadow Dragon since I have no way to play 3DS or Gamecub/Wii (I guess I could computer emulator, but I prefer to play these on my phone).

SD is definitely the worst FE game I've played yet, by a long way. It's still fun, but the writing is terrible, I don't think the updated graphics look that good either. Combat is essentially the same as the other FE handheld games, so no complaints there. Although the map design isn't too great either tbh. I'm about 30% through the game, I'd give it a 5/10.

I've heard similar things about Shadow Dragon. It's the reason I never really went out of my way to get it even though I like the series.

I've played through both Birthright and Conquest and I'm about halfway through Revelation at this point. It's really damn fun. There are tons of characters (there may be more than Radiant Dawn, which had a huge number). The plot's actually pretty good. The gameplay's more or less the same as usual, but now there are variants of each weapons for the different countries (which I don't think actually has much gameplay impact). Conquest is much much harder than Birthright. Birthright is a lot more straightforward and usually boils down to "rout the enemy", but Conquest has more variation in mission objectives and places you in very difficult situations regularly. I personally preferred Conquest. For people new to the series, Birthright is probably the better starting place, though (or maybe Awakening is).

I've gotten ~40 hours out of each of the three routes (estimating for Revelation), and this doesn't count resets when losing units. The first route you buy costs $40 and at that point you can buy the other two for $20 each in-game. So you're basically paying $80 for the full experience, but Nintendo wasn't full of shit when they said that each route contains a full game. Birthright and Conquest both had slightly more chapters than Awakening did and rank pretty high in chapter count for the whole series. Overall I'm very happy with the games. It's also nice to see that the sales were very high. Looking forward to more Fire Emblem in a few years. It's crazy to think that Nintendo was thinking of shutting down the series if Awakening wasn't the huge sleeper hit it was.

cdpr has said cyberpunk 2077 will be far more massive than the witcher 3, the developer said "it has to be fucking great"

in the game there is a "drug" called brain dance that hooks into your neural system using brain augmentations, it basically lets you see and feel all the emotions and stimuli of a person who is more successful and has a better life  than you :lol: this game is going to be amazing when it comes out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bran said:

cdpr has said cyberpunk 2077 will be far more massive than the witcher 3, the developer said "it has to be fucking great"

in the game there is a "drug" called brain dance that hooks into your neural system using brain augmentations, it basically lets you see and feel all the emotions and stimuli of a person who is more successful and has a better life  than you :lol: this game is going to be amazing when it comes out.

Yup I read that, thought about making a thread for the game... but I'm going to make an Elder Scrolls VI thread soon, and figured I'd let you or someone else get a shot at starting this one.