Parallel Lines / Let's Play!

Just watching 02 gig on Palladia and thinking back in time. Axl often speaks, as often as he speaks that is, of how songs and music bring back memories and mean things to people in their lives, taking them back, etc. So it dawned on me how parallel some lines have been, perhaps, to events of the bands. So let's play the game, what was happening to you when big occurrences transpired with the band? Mine are uncanny, perhaps making the band even more important to me, the amazing catalog aside for a moment. So...

1986: One of my High school sweethearts and I reconvene after I'd not seen her for 5 years, saving her from an abusive dickhead, then she just sorta hung around til we married in 89.

1986: Original GnR are fully formed and surely by now writing what would be Appetite, biggest debut album of all time, released in 87.

Summer of 1994: After 5 years of marriage and 2 kids we split up, leaving me with kids, dad dying of cancer in my house, and my mom, (and nanny) all under my roof, I was 28.

Summer (?) of 1994: GnR dismantle, recording Sympathy For The Devil, the song that basically ended it all. (not the song's fault, mind you, just the last one they did)

I find these parallels interesting, let's hear yours. (or just type them and we can read 'em)

Edited by axlskAmpf

Yeah man, I was a huge Ramones fan when the Blondie album came out, I actually got it on white vinyl at the time. It was a great album, though she started leaning to disco on it w Heart of Glass.

Yeah, interesting indeed, I should have been in Cali at the time and replaced Izzy when he left, but those dam kids got in the way! (jk) I wondered if anyone but Cantor would have memories of the day, I figured at least one or two folks would say they were born 9/17/91, or something! Or my 1st day of school was when he reemerged in Rio in 2000. Anyway, yeah, great days. Enjoy your youth, don't waste it, and stay happy as if nothing else you've still got time! This concludes my motivational moment.

Edited by axlskAmpf