2015 Superbowl Ad Thread

downzy

The one I really hated was the one Budweiser one, I think around the third half, where it was all text but really fucking snobby. They were essentially talking down to beer conniseurs, which I don't think looks especially good coming from one of the biggest breweries in the country. God forbid anyone drink something besides your weak-ass piss lager.

photo.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black

The target audience for Budweiser is people who don't give a shit about having a sophisticated beer pallet and just want to drink a cold, refreshing, cheap beverage in moderate to large volume. AKA the vast majority of casual drinkers. The ad made sense.

Pointing out a beer is shit and demanding sophistication are two different things surely. People were pointing out shit beers before there was such a thing as 'sophisticated' beer. Budweisers considered shit cuz its weak and tastes watery.

It's just beer though.

That's what I find hilarious about beer snobs, they actually take beer that seriously. Not to mention a lot of the same people who are all over the craft beer dick also champion PBR of all things. Which is exempt from the "piss" category for some reason. Let's be honest; it's a brand association thing. More obscure brands are cool, household names aren't.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy craft beers, my home state is loaded with great micro-breweries, I just never got caught up in the superiority complex that apparently comes along with it. It's just fucking beer you nerds!

I thought the ad hit the nail on the head, the college aged craft-beer aficionado needs to be made fun of. Badly.