Steam Pulls Batman: Arkham Knight From Store.

bran

finally publishers and developers are being held accountable for their bullshit. steam has temporarily suspended sale of arkham knight on steam to fix "performance issues". i hope gamers on PC will continue to ask for refunds when broken games get rushed to marked half finished. now something needs to happen so console gamers can do the same.

• Like 3

The game is wonderful on consoles. I don't want to take the side of a developer, but Rocksteady is pretty professional, and I hope this doesn't cause a huge black mark for them. Either way, the game is pretty fantastic so far. But, there still needs to be accountability for having those kinds of performance issues in a game.

The game is wonderful on consoles. I don't want to take the side of a developer, but Rocksteady is pretty professional, and I hope this doesn't cause a huge black mark for them. Either way, the game is pretty fantastic so far. But, there still needs to be accountability for having those kinds of performance issues in a game.

from what i read the PC port was outsourced to iron galaxy studios who are known for porting fighting games to console. the game is missing actual graphical features and only features "normal" textures and only 1 type of anti aliasing which is just never heard of.

supposedly the port was done by only 12 people. this ongoing issue of releasing shoddy shit no matter if its console or pc needs to stop.

Edited by bran

from what i read the PC port was outsourced to iron galaxy studios who are known for porting fighting games to console. the game is missing actual graphical features and only features "normal" textures and only 1 type of anti aliasing which is just never heard of.

supposedly the port was done by only 12 people. this ongoing issue of releasing shoddy shit no matter if its console or pc needs to stop.

Ohhh. Yeah, I didn't even hear anything about that. That really sucks then. No wonder it's a piece of shit.

• Like 1

Ohhh. Yeah, I didn't even hear anything about that. That really sucks then. No wonder it's a piece of shit.

yeah i would have just rather had the game delayed by a month or 2 and had it done by rocksteady it looks great on the consoles.

• Like 1

yeah i would have just rather had the game delayed by a month or 2 and had it done by rocksteady it looks great on the consoles.

It really does look good. I've been wandering around in the game for hours and haven't even touched the story yet :lol:

• Like 1

Really good game, despite some frame issues my PC version has been fine. I think a lot of the crashes are because people have been turning on disabled things through the .ini files. Clearly a shit port to have disabled that stuff in the first place but I didn't faff with any of that stuff and mine has been fine.

• 2 weeks later...

according to an internal memo being circulated by australian retailer EB games the game wont be ready for PC until the australian spring/ northern hemisphere fall.

so it looks like another 6+ weeks before the game will even be playable on pc.

• 3 months later...

apparently the game is still fucked on the PC 4 months after being released and then taken off steam. apparently on the WB message boards they told people who own windows 10 that for smooth gameplay they should upgrade to at least 12 gb of RAM.

c04a40e915d6.gif

http://www.destructoid.com/arkham-knight-is-still-broken-on-pc-for-many-people-318051.phtml

to make things even worse, reviews that were put up when the game released in june are now being labeled "pre release" reviews.

Edited by bran

arkham knight is giving full refunds for everyone who bought this game(through steam at least) through the end of the year.

warner brothers said(not even joking) to people who want to keep the game they will

"continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix."

• Like 1

Really? are we really going down the same path as in '83? When videogames industry went broke because games, among other things, were totally broken and unfinished? Almost makes me wanna buy a nintendo.

it certainly seems that way. do fucking game companies even test their games anymore? the thing with assassins creed unity and Arkham knight it was reported they knew it was broken before release yet it didnt stop them. Its good steam is doing refunds now but some places its almost impossible to get your money back if you have been fucked.

Edited by bran

It's certainly going the way of sending things out before they're finished, but there's no chance for another complete crash as their was in '83. THPS5 apparently was so broken, that they sent in a complete barebones copy to get passed and then would distribute the rest of the actual game through the first patch. It's ridiculous. I appreciate that it's a much more challenging prospect to rid the massive games today of every little issue, but you do wonder how seriously they've taken testing. Best thing all these games can do is slow down production, give themselves an extra few months or longer. Maybe I just know a lot more about the industry now, but I don't seem to remember super strict release dates and the swarm of games in October/November being as much of a thing, and it's simply because there's more money in it now. If it wasn't ready, you didn't get it.

• Like 1