extract WAV from UMIX file

whatashame

hey peeps,

way back when on Sony CDs they would add a program called Cakewalk Umixit (you mix it)

with this program you could remix a song or two, also featured on the CD, in a umix format

this file had all the separate instrumental tracks for you to cut thru, paste, change, mute, etc

i found mine on Aerosmith "You gotta move" DVD and Joe Perry's solo album in 2005 "Joe Perry"

unfortunately, i was never able to run Perry's files, bikoz I always got an error message

it was in 2005 and when I tried to do it again, 10 years later, the program is no longer supported

but my question here is,

does anybody know how to extract those WAV files from Umix files?
I'd kill to dismember those extra songs intro separate tracks, just for the fun of it

much obliged

maybe I didn't specify it clear enuff in that jibba-jabbin post of mine

I have 3 UMIX files

one works - so I open it and capture the sound from it

two dont work - I get an error message which says that there's a licence problem (the files are, after all, 10 years old so maybe the licence did expire)

I want to extract what's in the file without opening it with the U-mix-it program

each of the two files I'm talking about now is about 170 mb, so I bet there are 8 WAV files inside (the program allows you to remix 8 tracks)

any help PLEASE?