Magic The Gathering: anybody play?

PappyTron

52 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

I used to collect the cards, all the way from the first set. Never found anyone interested in playing the game with me, though. And then someone stole my set and sold it. Including my Black Lotus. :angry: (My comic book collection as well, including the first Spideys, first X-Men, crossovers etc.)

I tried to get back into it a couple of years ago, but there's too much to catch up on, and it would cost me far too much to get back the cards I used to have.

That is horrid! Those things are worth proper money now. :(:(

I hope that whoever stole them gets their boy bits/lady bits (delete as appropriate) chewed off by a rabid mouse.

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

That is horrid! Those things are worth proper money now. :(:(

I hope that whoever stole them gets their boy bits/lady bits (delete as appropriate) chewed off by a rabid mouse.

That would be boy bits. Someone who I trusted to look after my place when I was on holiday. Some people have no morals, I suppose.

I do have some cards - an Ice Age deck, other loose ones. But it's not the same. I used to be geeky enough to spend hours sorting through my cards, building decks, and placing them in folders.

That would be boy bits. Someone who I trusted to look after my place when I was on holiday. Some people have no morals, I suppose.

I hate it when people abuse their trust; it's just such a shitty thing to do. I'm sorry.

I do have some cards - an Ice Age deck, other loose ones. But it's not the same. I used to be geeky enough to spend hours sorting through my cards, building decks, and placing them in folders.

The geek shall inherit the earth. :)

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I hate it when people abuse their trust; it's just such a shitty thing to do. I'm sorry.

The geek shall inherit the earth. ;)

Thanks. :hug: It's okay. It happened. Sorry to bring the mood down (a blushing emoticon would help here).

Oh indeed. It doesn't do to underestimate us geeks!

1 hour ago, Kittiara said:

Thanks. :hug: It's okay. It happened. Sorry to bring the mood down (a blushing emoticon would help here).

Oh indeed. It doesn't do to underestimate us geeks!

The mood is just great where it is, so nothing to be sorry for at all. :)

• Like 1

Pretty sure my best mate back in the day had a fair few of the original cards, one of those weekly mag jobs from the newsagent.

We had a few games, fuck knows if it's how you play but one of us would challenge the other one on one characteristic that a certain card had, like whichever was highest I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Nick83 said:

Oh yeah.  A new kid moved into my neighborhood when I was a kid and introduced me to it.

Awesome game.  But they killed it through expansion.   Was a classic that should have never progressed past the 5th edition.

Well, they have to keep expanding in order to get people to buy the new cards. It's always the way.