Favorite "Metal" songs from UYI?

What are your favorite "metal" songs from UYI and how would you categorize them?

Here's how I see it:

Tier 1 (thrash)

Garden of Eden - Strongest cut by far for me. I think all 3 songs are classics, but GOE has a wild unhinged craziness about it. The energy is off the fucking charts... and the video is all kinds of amazing :lol:

Perfect Crime

Right Next Door to Hell

Tier 2 (Punk Metal/Hard Rock hybrids)

You Could Be Mine

Don't Damn Me -- You could be Mine is probably the strongest cut, but my favorite is Don't Damn Me which has some of Axl's best lyrics. I was torn between Don't Damn Me and Dead Horse (another Axl classic), but I think Don't Damn Me rocks harder.

Dead Horse

shotgun blues

Get in the Ring

Tier 3 (Metal epics)

Coma 

Locomotive  - Coma is the better song as Locomotive has a weaker chorus and Axl's voice can get a bit abrasive here (Locomotive, YCBM, The Garden, and Yesterdays have that "cat being put into a shredder" Axl voice), but the riff is just EPIC. Coma has an epic riff as well, but Locomotive literally sounds like a locomotive and the lyrics are awesome. But the reason I choose this as a favorite of mine is for that outro -- it's just a thing of beauty. The creative peak of the band imho. I've heard some people call this song "funk metal" a la RHCP -- I'm not sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's weird, it's pissed off and it calls itself LOCOMOTIVE. Slash rules on this.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2