Tired of waiting for CD? Check out Silvertide

blues rocker

Silvertide is an awesome new band who you may have already heard on the radio. They are a young band, but they play old school rock, much like GnR...Their guitarist is the best thing to happen to rock since slash...and the rest of them aren't too shabby either....their new cd comes out tuesday....you can hear the whole album here:

http://music.channel.aol.com/artist/main.a...artistid=551707

Edited by blues rocker

ok...i just listened to the album on aol again...and...well...it just keeps getting better...I am AMAZED by the guitar work on this monster. I simply cannot believe it...it is some of the best I've ever heard. This lead guitarist is already as good as slash, joe perry, and angus young...and he's barely over 20 years old!!! This muthafucka will be a legend...shit, he already is in my book. I thought slash would be the last great rock n roll guitarist...I never thought anyone would have the dedication to become that great ever again. All the new rock guitarists are lazy...no solos, no challenging riffs...it's pathetic...I was sure I'd never hear another blistering, bluesy solo unless it was from slash's work in VR...I've learned my lesson...there's always hope...anything is possible. Just when I thought I'd never hear a great new rock song again, Silvertide comes along and rocks my nuts off. These guys are only in their early 20's...they could be rocking our stereos for the next 2 decades if they can stick together...Here's to many more years of great rock n' roll

Edited by blues rocker

ok...i just listened to the album on aol again...and...well...it just keeps getting better...I am AMAZED by the guitar work on this monster. I simply cannot believe it...it is some of the best I've ever heard. This lead guitarist is already as good as slash, joe perry, and angus young...and he's barely over 20 years old!!! This muthafucka will be a legend...shit, he already is in my book. I thought slash would be the last great rock n roll guitarist...I never thought anyone would have the dedication to become that great ever again. All the new rock guitarists are lazy...no solos, no challenging riffs...it's pathetic...I was sure I'd never hear another blistering, bluesy solo unless it was from slash's work in VR...I've learned my lesson...there's always hope...anything is possible. Just when I thought I'd never hear a great new rock song again, Silvertide comes along and rocks my nuts off. These guys are only in their early 20's...they could be rocking our stereos for the next 2 decades if they can stick together...Here's to many more years of great rock n' roll

Hahahaha.. dude. :laugh:

ouch, i cant stand this album its so tedius and sounds the same all way through, the lyrics and singing are so cliche. They are trying to sound too much like The Black Crows but failing miserably!

1/10.

HAHAHA...are you shitting me? why can't you just accept that this is a great album and band? "Failing miserably to sound like the black crowes"? what? these guys kick the shit out of the black crowes. the black crowes haven't made a decent album since "shake your moneymaker" (in the early 90's). This is the first album in years that acutally impresses me. finally someone who knows how to play the guitar!! And a singer that doesn't just scream and make strange noises...i don't see how you could not dig this shit

Edited by blues rocker

u guys should check out their biography at that site...they mention GNR a couple times, it says one of the bands influences was GNR...and it also says one of the singers influence was axl rose from GNR...thats pretty damn sweet! i wonder if this ever came up while on tour with VR...these guys are gonna be huge, this is awesome, and they are like 20 years old!

ouch, i cant stand this album its so tedius and sounds the same all way through, the lyrics and singing are so cliche. They are trying to sound too much like The Black Crows but failing miserably!

1/10.

HAHAHA...are you shitting me? why can't you just accept that this is a great album and band? "Failing miserably to sound like the black crowes"? what? these guys kick the shit out of the black crowes. the black crowes haven't made a decent album since "shake your moneymaker" (in the early 90's). This is the first album in years that acutally impresses me. finally someone who knows how to play the guitar!! And a singer that doesn't just scream and make strange noises...i don't see how you could not dig this shit

oh excuse me, i forgot you were the rock n roll consultant of the world.

In my opinion this album is boring, the vocals are terrible, and theres loads of better bands at the moment. You keep mentioning the guitar skills? uhm what skills? the guy is just wanking the guitar. As a guitar player myself, i see nothing special in the playing.

dude u posted the exact same thing on the silvertide message board.....but anyways silvertide is pretty good