Oasis sell 250,000 tickets in one morning!!!!!!!!!

supernova

:D I managed to get 3 tickets for the second manchester night :D is anyone here going to london, manchester or scotland?!?!?!

www.nme.com

Oasis have been regained their crown as the pre-eminent rock band in Britain after they sold an estimated 250,000 tickets this morning for live shows next summer.

The band have now added a third date at the City Of Manchester Stadium after shows on July 2 and 3 sold out by 11.30am. They will now also play their hometown on June 30.

A spokesperson for the band reported these shows to be amongst the fastest selling ever in the band’s history. "It’s been an incredible morning," she said. "Oasis currency remains sky-high.

The band have also sold out two shows at Milton Keynes Bowl (July 9, 10) and Glasgow’s Hampden Park (June 29). Massive queues have been reported in Glasgow where fans had an opportunity to pick up tickets the old fashioned way rather than online or by phone.

It is unclear if further dates will be added.

Edited by supernova

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could go to an Oasis gig in Manchester!! I've seen them twice in munich, but it's not the same. The fans in munich suck. They had problems selling out a really small venue there (around 2500). First time they played at a bigger one (10.000) and didn't sell out. I'm embaressed (sp?) for my fellow germans!

Robbie Williams sells out any stadium here within minutes...

I wish I could go to an Oasis gig in Manchester!! I've seen them twice in munich, but it's not the same. The fans in munich suck. They had problems selling out a really small venue there (around 2500). First time they played at a bigger one (10.000) and didn't sell out. I'm embaressed (sp?) for my fellow germans!

Robbie Williams sells out any stadium here within minutes...

theres nothing like hearing 17-20 classic songs Live plus the new songs will make it even more special, plus a massive hometown concert they will be up for it, when an oasis concert is bad its bad, but when its good its outta this world.

I saw Oasis at Wembley on the Familiar to Millions tour and they were awesome. My bro went to Knebworth - when Oasis and brit pop was at it's peak - and said it was an unreal gig.

I remember being inline at about 8am waiting for the shops to open so I could get Be Here Now... I was only about 14!

I saw Oasis at Wembley on the Familiar to Millions tour and they were awesome. My bro went to Knebworth - when Oasis and brit pop was at it's peak - and said it was an unreal gig.

I remember being inline at about 8am waiting for the shops to open so I could get Be Here Now... I was only about 14!

wow youve been to a classic gig B)

and yea i remember when be here now was released it was possibly the greatest summer of my life and the whole country was mad for it! :D

Did you get your name from the champaign supernova song?

Hi. Yes I did, do u like that song? supernova is also the name of one of noels guitars, it was also the name of his drug crazed house in the 90's "Supernova Heights"

Edited by supernova

Hi. Yes I did, do u like that song? supernova is also the name of one of noels guitars, it was also the name of his drug crazed house in the 90's "Supernova Heights"

Yeah its a good song. I like Wonderwall the best though. But then again, I really have not heard that many.

Yeah its a good song. I like Wonderwall the best though. But then again, I really have not heard that many.

well they have many different styles of songs? so you might enjoy these very much!

slide away

Dont go away

stop crying your heart out

the masterplan

shes electric

live forever

dont look back in anger

if u like them i can tell you a lot more to check out! :)

anymore songs like some might say?

^^

yes loads

Live Forever (you have to hear this one) :) a true classic!

cigarettes and alcohol

supersonic

d'you know what i mean?

stand by me

roll with it

if you wanna here some different style songs try,

go let it out

gas panic

who feels love?

sunday morning call

born on a different cloud

and btw they released a real great b-side in 2002 called Idlers Dream... Its just vocals and piano with Noel singing. Its just a real treat of a song, be sure to check that one out also if you can find it, its pretty rare.

:D I managed to get 3 tickets for the second manchester night :D is anyone here going to london, manchester or scotland?!?!?!

BE HERE NOW

OASIS have added new shows to their upcoming UK tour next summer after the Manchester and Milton Keynes dates sold out.

The band will now play the City Of Manchester Stadium on July 3 and Milton Keynes Bowl on July 10.

Demand for Oasis tickets remains as huge as ever. Their hometown Manchester show sold out in five minutes with Milton Keynes following soon after. Capacity for both is around 60,000.

The summer 2005 tour now calls at:

Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29)

Manchester City Of Manchester Stadium (July 2 – SOLD OUT, July 3 – ON SALE)

Milton Keynes Bowl (July 9 – SOLD OUT, July 10 – ON SALE).

NME.COM will bring details of any developments through the day.

My brother is such a huge fan,he managed to get us tickets for Glasgow will not go down too well as that day is my mum and dad's wedding anniversary :lol:

I am looking forward to it,I first saw them when they played Loch Lomond.Such an amazing gig :wub:

i mean to be honest its pointless just listing songs, they are a band to discover, and im sure you will like them if you give them a chance, most people on here (especially americans) dont like them because of there attitude and arrogance, but i think its what makes them great, and the music just speaks for itself, buy their albums! :D

1. Definitely Maybe

2 Whats the story? (morning glory)

3. Be Here Now

4. The Masterplan

5. Standing On The Shoulder Of GIants

6. Familiar to millions

7. Heathen Chemistry

BE HERE NOW

OASIS have added new shows to their upcoming UK tour next summer after the Manchester and Milton Keynes dates sold out.

The band will now play the City Of Manchester Stadium on July 3 and Milton Keynes Bowl on July 10.

Demand for Oasis tickets remains as huge as ever. Their hometown Manchester show sold out in five minutes with Milton Keynes following soon after. Capacity for both is around 60,000.

The summer 2005 tour now calls at:

Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29)

Manchester City Of Manchester Stadium (July 2 – SOLD OUT, July 3 – ON SALE)

Milton Keynes Bowl (July 9 – SOLD OUT, July 10 – ON SALE).

NME.COM will bring details of any developments through the day.

My brother is such a huge fan,he managed to get us tickets for Glasgow will not go down too well as that day is my mum and dad's wedding anniversary :lol:

I am looking forward to it,I first saw them when they played Loch Lomond.Such an amazing gig :wub:

woah loch lomond thats a legendary oasis gig man :D lucky u

ive seen em at finsbury park london in 2002 with 40 thousand people going mad it was great! so it will be my second time seing em! cant wait! gonna go down at like 11 and get hammered throughout the day! hopefull i wont be out of it when they manage to come on stage!