Holy Crap this is the best band ever!!!

Bono

:lol::lol:

Good one

:lol: Thanks. Seriously though a few bands you guys should check out over the holidays. What else have you got to do?

The Music

The Pixies

Razorlight

The Killers

Iron & Wine

Kasabian

The Cure

The Gandharvas

Sure alot of these bands have been mentioned here before but they're worth mentioning again. So if you haven't checked any of these bands out you should. ;) Basically this is a recomendation thread in disguise. Post your recomendations.

I just got the new cd, is it good? (haven't listened to it yet, gota wait a couple of days :blink: )

truthfully, I like them and this is my first cd by them (I am pretty old), when I heard the ipod commercial I loved it, love it , love it, love it, can't get enough of that song, video=very cool.

I just got the new cd, is it good? (haven't listened to it yet, gota wait a couple of days :blink: )

truthfully, I like them and this is my first cd by them (I am pretty old), when I heard the ipod commercial I loved it, love it , love it, love it, can't get enough of that song, video=very cool.

Well Vertigo doesn't really represent the album. there is one more rock song called All Because of You and other thant that it's a pretty mellow album. It's grown on me pretty intensly since I bought it. Enough to make me think it's U2's third best album Right behind Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. My favorite song on the album is the ballad - Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own

Yeah I was just listening to winterlong by The Pixies, and then Monkey gone to heaven. They're great. I'm also a lot into The Cure right now, but I don't really like The Music :unsure:

I haven't listened to The Gandharvas, Iron & Wine or Kasabian, so I'll be sure toi check them out, thanks!

So anyways I'll try and post my recomendations later.

They're overrated, and to be honest are starting to get on my nerves. They make typical radio friendly music and most of their material are ballads like One and With Or Without You. Plus Bono needs a good slap - he was at the labour party conference recently and said something stupid to the crowd like "sorry if I'm nervous, I'm not used to being in front of crowds of less than 80,000 - what an idiot. I'm tired of hearing Vertigo as well, it sounds just like those annoying garage bands that are out there at the moment.

They're overrated, and to be honest are starting to get on my nerves. They make typical radio friendly music and most of their material are ballads like One and With Or Without You. Plus Bono needs a good slap - he was at the labour party conference recently and said something stupid to the crowd like "sorry if I'm nervous, I'm not used to being in front of crowds of less than 80,000 - what an idiot. I'm tired of hearing Vertigo as well, it sounds just like those annoying garage bands that are out there at the moment.

:lol: One and With or Without you are classics. Vertigo = Garage rock? o.k. :rolleyes: and I can think of quite a few other abnds who happen to make radio freindly music. Being on radio doesn'tmean you're typial but being typical mean you're on the radio. Get it? I laugh at this whole anti-radio attitude here all the time. yes I coplain about things fitting nicely into radio but let's face it. Most of us here seem to enjoy big radio friendly bands. Guns N' Roses ring a bell? :lol: As for Bono's comment,I'm sure Bono was just cracking a sarcastic joke. Had Axl said that you'd think it was awesome. :rolleyes:

Hey Projected and Fukaji, I don't thik Kasabian is in the same class as the other bands I mentioned but they sound good to me. It's not bad to chill out to. :)

Banned! :o

:lol:

:lol: One and With or Without you are classics. Vertigo = Garage rock? o.k. :rolleyes: and I can think of quite a few other abnds who happen to make radio freindly music. Being on radio doesn'tmean you're typial but being typical mean you're on the radio. Get it? I laugh at this whole anti-radio attitude here all the time. yes I coplain about things fitting nicely into radio but let's face it. Most of us here seem to enjoy big radio friendly bands. Guns N' Roses ring a bell? :lol: As for Bono's comment,I'm sure Bono was just cracking a sarcastic joke. Had Axl said that you'd think it was awesome. :rolleyes:

Hey Projected and Fukaji, I don't thik Kasabian is in the same class as the other bands I mentioned but they sound good to me. It's not bad to chill out to. :)

Banned! :o

:lol:

No I'm not one of those who sucks Axl's balls.

SUPER GOD

Group: Members

Why are kasabian so overrated?

Typical, poorly executed, boring brit rock.

HELL NO!! i love them, they are a breath of fresh air compared to kean n that shit!! plus razorlight are amazin