Best RAP album ever made

username

I'm curious what the people here think is the best rap album ever made.

I think I just might stick with Raising Hell by RunDMC.

The Marshal Matters LP (by Eminem) is also just amazing.

Some others that would come to mind are:

- NWA - Straight Outta Compton

- Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

I don't know :huh:

I'm not into RAP stuff but I think, that in the begining they sing about real life but then they earn money, and when they sing about the same shit again it sounds like a lie to me...

But hell... maybe RAP is cool but I just don't find it amusing

I don't know :huh:

I'm not into RAP stuff but I think, that in the begining they sing about real life but then they earn money, and when they sing about the same shit again it sounds like a lie to me...

But hell... maybe RAP is cool but I just don't find it amusing

it was all just entertainment. i care less about how they live.

i think it's good when the rapper first rap about their life in the ghettos and how hard it is. then it is just normal that they want to celebrate their new life with big cars and stuff (i would do it too), and i find it even better,when they still know where they are from and talk about how aweful it was, and still is to live in the ghetto.

but some guys are really too much into that fake gangsta stuff like 50Cent and his unit.

See for me, all i listened to ws gangsta shit, killing, bitches and ho's, and weeeed.  If none of that is in a song i don't listen to it.  modern rap sucks ass and rappers rap about stupid shit it's all club music.  the gangsta era was the best.

Agreed. The gangsta era was the best, those guys rapped about what they know; life on the streets. Today's rap is horrible. It's all a bunch of sissies rapping about dubs, and gold fronts, and 26's on the Hummer. It's just a whole bunch of "I got this, I got that" bullshit, when these guys really don't have anything.

My top 3 rap albums (in no particular order)

Dr. Dre- The Chronic

The Geto Boys- The Resurrection

Bone Thugg & Harmony- E 1999 Eternal

Edited by santana

El-P - Fantastic Damage

Lyrically, this album is important on many different levels. Outside of the box hip-hop. Crushing any limits. Hip-Hop fans know that this genre must constantly progress, so when people call this album "backpacker-music", I laugh. If the original hip-hop rappers could choose whether rap lyrics revolved around the discussion of capitalism, consumerism, political and corporate Propaganda, neo-fascism, imperialism, and personal struggles dealt with in a creative and more universal approach or verses of incoherent drivel about cars, money and drug-dealing, what do you think they will pick? In the midst of soulless-pop-punk and repititive, self-absorbed mainstream rap, this album is vital.

Musically, this album is innovative and parallel with it's many multi-layered themes and undertones. The tracks superficially sound polished, complex, random and abstract, but underneath the surface, they are very raw and gritty. El-P takes an eclectic method to production, beat-making, musicianship, etc..

Other albums I considered classic before I heard FanDam are

Deltron 3030 - S/T

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - No Need for Alarm

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

Common Sense - Resurrection

Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East

Sole - Bottle of Humans

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

Dr. Dre - 2001

Jay-Z - The Blueprint

OutKast - Stankonia

As of late, MF Doom (and all his side-projects under obscure aliases) has been releasing the strongest hip-hop albums.

Well the three Tribe Called Quest albums are awesome, they are very simple compared with rap today, but Q-Tip has a smooth flow.

A few others would be :

Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full

Public Enemy - Takes a nation of millions to hold us back

NWA - Straight outta compton

Dr Dre - The Chronic, chronic 2001 is alright as well

Beastie Boys - Liscensed to ill ( very different style to the others, but its quite a good album

2 Pac ( hmm quite a few i think) - Best ones probably - Me against the world, makaveli (7 day theory), and of course all eyes on me. ( Eminem fucked up his "new" album so badly, avoid it, the only good songs are the 3 remixes at the end.

If you want good rap now, you have to mainly look into the underground scene, think some original 2pac material coming out at the end of the year as wee

Edited by gunners_4_eva

PS. 2PAC sucks and he knows nothing about RAP (that's what I think) - EMINEM sucks toooooo

you have to be kidding me, listen to any of his albums made when he was alive, all the rest are shit and just done for the money and not how he wouldve wanted.

Easily one of the best MC's ever.

PS. you're right about eminem though