how come megadeth...

Civil_War

how come megadeth was never as popular as Metallica as far as record sales go ect...? personally i think Megadeth were a better band, dave was a much better player than kirk, even if he played mostly rythym in megadeth.. There videos were cooler and they went out there and rocked for the fans.

Megadeth were the better band (as far as skills go).......just because they can play their instruments really fucking good doesn't mean they will make good music......sure most of their songs are great, but it wasn't quite what the majority of people were into......and their clips were also awesome....but there are too many people out there who don't know whats cool.

Edited by metallica1

Megadeth never made it because Dave started the band for the wrong reason: to be better than Metallica. I don't want to put Dave and Megadeth down, because I have nothing but the highest level of respect for them and their music, but that's the truth how I see it.

Shades is right.

He made the band to get revenge against Metallica, he even says that in Behind the Music and countless other times.

But the reason they didn't get as good as Metallica?

Because just when they release an awesome album, they release a crap album right along with it.

Well not crap in my view but the majority.

So Far So What So Good and Risk, really lost them credibility, and Risk is a great album in my opinion.

I don't see what is so great about Rust in Peace, good album but not there best I would say.

because they went shit after rust in peace

yeah its a good thing metallica pumped out the classics like load and reload after the black album.

absoloutely no idea what you're on about, i fucking hate emtallica with a healthy passion, if this is what you're getting at.

first two megadeth albums, brilliant, rest of it is hit and miss, from ok to plain horrible.

metallica have never been good and remain twats.

yeah its a good thing metallica pumped out the classics like load and reload after the black album.

absoloutely no idea what you're on about, i fucking hate emtallica with a healthy passion, if this is what you're getting at.

first two megadeth albums, brilliant, rest of it is hit and miss, from ok to plain horrible.

I didnt mean anything by it? I just meant metallica started to suck after the black album.

I didnt mean anything by it? I just meant metallica started to suck after the black album.

And?

I don't see him mentioning Metallica in his original post there anywhere.... :book:

Edited by IndiannaRose

i completely agree with ur views on metallica

but i also hate megadeth

Megadeth were THE Biggest heavy metal band in the world......from the end of 92 to 94....because of the Countdown to Extinction album and Angry Again and 99 Ways To Die singles and everybody expected big things from their next album.....but as we know,reality turned out a little different....Youthanasia wasnt definetly the thing fans waited for

Edited by krissirge