Metallica

Punos

I was just listening to Master of Puppets the other day, after listening to RIDE THE LIGHTNING, and just thought to myself: What happened to Metallica? AT what point did they become weak? Shit..they ran $75 a TICKET on my birthday 2 years ago...touring with Linkin Park . WTF is that about?

I remember they cut their hair about a decade ago...and then had LOAD and RELOAD which were decent, but not up to par with METALLICA that I grew up with. Your thoughts on this group?

Oh yea...Jason Newsted...who the hell does he think he is, QUITTING Metallica? Is there not higher honor than being a bassist for that band? [beside being in Ozzy's band?]

-chinesewhat

Personally i think Metallica were losing it when Re-Load was released.

S&M was awesome, one of my favourite DVDs ever.

St Anger, that was the final straw for me.

For nearly two decades every band in the world tried to sound like Metallica and failed miserably, with St Anger it seemed that Metallica wanted to sound like every other bland rock band in the world, they triumphed unbelievably.

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

I was just listening to Master of Puppets the other day, after listening to RIDE THE LIGHTNING, and just thought to myself: What happened to Metallica? AT what point did they become weak? Shit..they ran $75 a TICKET on my birthday 2 years ago...touring with Linkin Park . WTF is that about?

I remember they cut their hair about a decade ago...and then had LOAD and RELOAD which were decent, but not up to par with METALLICA that I grew up with. Your thoughts on this group?

Oh yea...Jason Newsted...who the hell does he think he is, QUITTING Metallica? Is there not higher honor than being a bassist for that band? [beside being in Ozzy's band?]

-chinesewhat

Another bullshit post..

Anyone who brings up Metallica's hair, loses all credibility.

Fine. EVEN if you were blind, you can tell the difference, hair or no hair.

Even Newstead made a difference on JUSTICE, but they all just started to sound like all the other bands a few years ago. Just listen to KILL M ALL

image or no image, Metallica went downhill musically. They are probably technically better, as musicians can only improve, but their recordings are lackluster

For me personally. Metallica lost me as a fan (not that i would matter to them) When they got involved in that uproar about napster.

They released St.Anger - which spend 3 days in my house before being returned to the shops.

At the Download festival 2001, Limp Bizkit pulled out as the main stage headline act for day 2.

Metallica, who were not billed for the event, made a surprise appearance in the scuzz tent, playing to a lucky 8,000 punter who crammed into the tent when they came on stage. This was the last straw for me. There was an empty slot on the mainstage as headline act, and they never took it. Sure, its great for the lucky lot that got to see them, but for about 20,000 or so others were left disappointed, me being one of them.

They could have rocked day two and made it great for the fans but nooooooo.

They chose to be dicks.

Hey fuckwit, remember who he quit to join? Let's think....ok got it? If not, I'll remind you: OZZY. That was why he left asshole.

Also, metallica have sucked since the black album. Yes that's right I said it: I don't like the black album. At all. It has 3 or 4 quality songs, yes, but it's no Lightning or MOP. Since taht album it's all been downhill. You want an awesome band that has only gone uphill? Metallica's "disgruntled former lead singer" has a band you might want to check out. They are called Megadeth, and what they do to Metallica is the definition of the word pwnage.

I must disagree...I loved the Black album. Shows different sides of Metallica, kind of like Guns N' Roses B)

:krider:

I love the Black Album.

Probably my third favourite behind puppets and lightning.

R.

The Black Album was very good. It wasn't like they went commercial on that album, it was just that the rest of the industry took notice of all the kids in high schools that were digging them.

But Load was when the jumped the shark in my book. Everything after the black album has been rubbish.

The Black Album was damn cool , a lot of awesome tunes IMO - Sandman , WIMR , SBT , Unforgiven . Yes maybe it's not as great as RTL ( Thier best IMO ) but it still kicks ass , but anyway anything post 1991 has pretty much sucked .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Hey fuckwit, remember who he quit to join? Let's think....ok got it? If not, I'll remind you: OZZY. That was why he left asshole.

Also, metallica have sucked since the black album. Yes that's right I said it: I don't like the black album. At all. It has 3 or 4 quality songs, yes, but it's no Lightning or MOP. Since taht album it's all been downhill. You want an awesome band that has only gone uphill? Metallica's "disgruntled former lead singer" has a band you might want to check out. They are called Megadeth, and what they do to Metallica is the definition of the word pwnage.

He actually left because Metallica wouldn't give him any creative freedom.

And I agree, the black album was where they began to go downhill. They started to play more hard rock, than metal. I very much dislike Load and Re-load, but I don't acutally mine St.anger, If you really actually listen to it, theres some pretty heavy stuff on it.

Edited by metallica1

And I agree, the black album was where they began to go downhill. They started to play more hard rock, than metal. I very much dislike Load and Re-load, but I don't acutally mine St.anger, If you really actually listen to it, theres some pretty heavy stuff on it.

Frantic tick tick tick tock? :unsure::ph34r:

Frantic tick tick tick tock? :unsure::ph34r:

I meant as far as guitars and drums go......everyone knows the lyrics suck.

Although I do agree that in the 90's and nowadays Metallica's music lost much of its power, I still find them enjoyable to listen. However, they are no longer genius. Which is sad. I guess they don't have the same motivation to write music as they had in the 80's. It's a natural thing, I think. JMO.

metallica fuckin rocks...i dont like st anger much..some good tunes but nothin compared to the old stuff....personally i like load and reload

and by the way

METALLICA > megadeth

and their music went bad when they sobered up

:rolleyes:

oh i hate these dumb megadeth metallica comprehantions

man, everybody has his own opinion

i personally thinks that megadeth's music was so much better than metallica's.

every album metallica did, megadeth's worst album is better than that.

in my opinion.