slash is a sellout?what about.............

cuneo77

back in 96 or 97 ,during the chinese democracy recordings,   didnt axl record with shaq?  now its no biggie if he does it,but if slash or anyone in music did everyone acts like its the end of the world. i dont think anyone but metallica are sellouts and thats cuz they used to diss makin videos and stuff,only to turn aournd and start makin them themselves.

i don't recall axl recording with shaq... where is the mp3? Also, i don't recall this being for publicity or being on any record... so, if you can produce some proof that this has happend... please do share  ;D

Actually, that rumor was quite widespread a couple of years back -- I think around 1997. Basically, Shaq was recording in the same building as Axl. He saw GNR's name listed on the bulletin board in the lobby and decided to pop his head into Axl's studio. According to the rumor, Axl then invited Shaq to do some rap over one of the tracks.  Shaq said it was the first time he'd ever performed with a rock band.

Anyhow .. that was the story. I don't know how accurate it is or even if that particular track will ever see the light of day. Afterall, we know Queen's Brian May and other high-profile musicians also joined Axl in the studio -- and we don't know if any of those tracks will wind up on the album either.

You know what this sounds like to me. It sounds as if Axl was just messin around in the studio and Shaq walked in, pushed Axl down, took the mic and started free stylin saying things like"Yo Yo wher ya at Detroit ya piece out B I T C H E S."

i am not bashing axl, as for the proof,it was a spin a few yrs back and it had a scale on which rumors are true or not, and this one was an accurate one.  i was just sayin if the song or whatever they did ever came out ,it would get less bashing if slash was to do a song with him,thats all,   i was just sayin some folks are sensitive when it comes to axl in here ,and you cant say they arent.............

Selling out = doing something you don't want to do JUST to get into the mainstream...a good example was Metallica making videos after dissing them and shit...whoever mentioned that...yeah

So Slash is no sell-out...neither is Axl