AXL IS A SMART MAN

ThinkAboutYou

It would of been suicide for gunners to have released the single and album before the tour.

Look at some of the half empty shows, not enough people are into GNR at the moment.Axl needs his fan base back for the album to succed.He can't release chinese democracy when he can't even sell out every show.

Axl said they will be touring on and off for upto 3 years. He might need to do that, to be as big as he was early 90's.

I think the album will be released when the band starts getting really big.We wont see chinese democracy untill  next year.

Axl has always been really savvy at timing the release of his albums at just the right time. And I don't think Chinese Democracy is any different.

He's had nine years to write, record and polish this album, and, as the smart businessman that he is,  I'm sure he's spent a great deal of time plotting the strategy and timing of his comeback.  8)

I disagree.

I think the best thing they could have done was release a single like Madagascar, push to get it PLAYED on the radio in heavy rotation let some hype build up for the new album then release it and lauch the tour a few weeks later.

I was at the show a few night ago in Detroit and while it was a great show the crowd was a very strange mix.

People just didnt know what to expect and near the end of the show the band played 3 or 4 new songs in a row and A LOT of people left.

Personally I was pretty pissed to see people walking out like that especailly since the new songs were excellent.

My point is, if they would have put out the new material first then I think the arenas would be sold out instead of 75% full AND most of the "The New Band Sucks, We Want Slash!" people would stay home.

If people can not support the band for what it is today (and I loved the old GnR too) then they need to just stfu and go away, because this new line up is here to stay.

I think you have all made good points.

Axl said in the radio interview the other night that GAuda so kindly left for us that he is saving the big guns for the right time. Timing is everything, and first thing is to find an outlet,.... "todays" rock stations wont touch him "yet", and cant go on a classic station with new stuff. So he will wait until we demand play time on our local stations.....

Its a buisiness, a shrewd one........

And dont forget we live in a time when Korn and eminem and Aerosmith get played on the same station....

We aint in kansas anymore toto.

And dont forget we live in a time when Korn and eminem and Aerosmith get played on the same station....

This don`t have anything to do with topic.. But apparantly Korn was scheduled in one of the same cities as GnR was.. Korn was playing in a stadium holding 5000 while GnR played in one holding like nearly 20000.. Both had troubles selling the stadiums out..

GnR still stands really strong it seems.. :)

concerning gnr playing venues that are not sold out,here in england gnr played a sold out show but it was only through internet or kerrang mag that people knew they were in town.friends of mine who were big gnr fans were totally unaware gnr were in town.whats the buzz like in n.america about tour and is it well advertised that gnr are back

there was good coverage in music mags but no mention in daily newspapers or tv.when i went back to work and said i went to see gnr the response i got was "didnt know they was here".feel they need single out just to create buzz because lots of people have said to let them know if they come back because they want to see them. the new songs sounded great as well,chinese democracy was unbelievable

Have I told you yet how much I like you Madison :)

Why thank you Alsobsession.

I like reading your posts too.  :)

As for the tour, you're right: Marketing and promotion efforts have been really lame. However, the press has certainly taken notice -- even without any hype. In just about every city they've performed so far, the local newspapers have written up "advancers" teeing up the show and reviews afterwards. And I can't think of another band out there that's getting that kind of attention and coverage in every city they perform.  :)

Ok, looks like im going to have to write another essay....

This is GNR. It is technically called GNR, it is playing GNR songs, and therefore people have to accept that it is GNR. Even ME!

But it doesn't mean we have to like it. I personally would far prefer to have the old band back, meaning that i dont particularly like what has happened to the band

And the media attention has come from the fact that it is the return of gnr or at least the new GNR...

I was just merely trying to make a positive comment about the new band WHICH I DO SUPPORT! so if im going to get bitchslaps like that then i wont saying anythign at all  >:(

Why thank you Alsobsession.

I like reading your posts too.  :)

As for the tour, you're right: Marketing and promotion efforts have been really lame. However, the press has certainly taken notice -- even without any hype. In just about every city they've performed so far, the local newspapers have written up "advancers" teeing up the show and reviews afterwards. And I can't think of another band out there that's getting that kind of attention and coverage in every city they perform.  :)

You are right about that. I guess I was just spoiled before when they were all over the news all the time. and not just for inciting riots

::)

... I was just merely trying to make a positive comment about the new band WHICH I DO SUPPORT! so if im going to get bitchslaps like that then i wont saying anythign at all  >:(

Relax. Mr. Sparkle is just playing with you Gnrlies.  ;) ;D

I think it's great that you can listen to other people's (opposing) views and then adjust (slightly) your opinions based on what others have said. That's a good thing. I do the same.  That's what makes a forum great. People who are closed-minded to other people's views and opinions don't get that.

Ok, looks like im going to have to write another essay....

This is GNR. It is technically called GNR, it is playing GNR songs, and therefore people have to accept that it is GNR. Even ME!

But it doesn't mean we have to like it. I personally would far prefer to have the old band back, meaning that i dont particularly like what has happened to the band

And the media attention has come from the fact that it is the return of gnr or at least the new GNR...

I was just merely trying to make a positive comment about the new band WHICH I DO SUPPORT! so if im going to get bitchslaps like that then i wont saying anythign at all  >:(

I don't recall you saying anything positive.... EVER.  You do nothing but bash AXL and the new GnR cause they aren't Slash.. and i find that repulsive since there is nothing anyone can do about it... how many times do i have to hear the old band rules the new band sucks?? Why can't we just be greatful for what we have and quit comparing the two... it's making me quite ill.  

Because Madison is lke the moderator here and keeps everybodys head together on the issues. Even when she p!sses me off she usually makes sense. its hard to poke her eye out over her opinion.........

Like I have said before and will say again..  there aint a single person in this forum that wouldn't get AXl's back if he should ever need it. We may want to smack him around from time to time but I think its safe to opine that he sang some the greatist music of our

generation(s) and in some part both great and small that makes a difference in ours. making that difference in millions of lives is what makes Axl "great" not many of us will ever get that ride.

The baby boomers wished for a Zepplin reunion that almost happened and by now its too late for the Beatles......Most bands fade away into obscurity and oblivion in the hearts and minds of the masses as the dreams of youth get crushed under the realitys of the day...  But for this generation and the next We get to see the "IF"( and shortly before I draw retirement and move into a old folks home We'll get to hear Something brand new.)  So heres to history in the making...may it be the better!!!

I don't recall you saying anything positive.... EVER.  You do nothing but bash AXL and the new GnR cause they aren't Slash.. and i find that repulsive since there is nothing anyone can do about it... how many times do i have to hear the old band rules the new band sucks?? Why can't we just be greatful for what we have and quit comparing the two... it's making me quite ill.  

well i have always been positive for the new band. Mbe not so much in here, but i am always telling peoplen that the new band is tight, and stiocking up for them and everything else. I mean if the people who i talk to in the real world heard me in here, then they would say "i thought you were a fan?????" but the thing is, this is a place where we can discuss these topics and bring back memories etc..... I am positive for the new band, even though i may not show it. But one thign i want to make clear. Being positive for the new band doesn't mean you have to throw the old band in the rubbish.

How about you? Have you said anytyhing positive about slash and the old band? I might be an easy target, but i mean for someone who is more than happy to bag out slash, izzy etc you shouldn't turn around and say that i am not positive for the new band, becuase your not positive for the old band. Im positive for both, even though it mightn't seem like it.