Another Review ... Not So Hot....

madison

anyways... ghostface fan reviews are not the right reviews because fans are fans. the right reviews are musicians reviews..

Well of course HD.  Because music is for musicians and art is for artists and literature is for authors.  None of it is for the rest of us poor morons who actually listen to it and buy it because we don't have a clue and even though we're supporting it our opinions are worthless.   ::)

And, elikovich, that was a very impressive and well thought out letter.  Good luck.  

damn half full arenas? that sucks, like it or not i think the tickets would sell more with the illusion line up and/or an album out, i am out in houston and i tell at least one person i am goin and they are like "theyre comin?"

Wow, another Houstonian! Are you going to the Houston gig?

lw i'm talking about the "right" reviews in the sense that musicians can listen to all the mistakes, the timing etc... fans will always find their best bands awesome live and that's actually the truth - for them. The truth for one person is not always truth for another person. why don't you never understand what i'm saying before you misunderstand it first ?

In what way did I misunderstand you, HD?  I think I was very clear about what you meant.  Apparently you weren't clear about what I meant.  Music isn't about the mistakes and the timing.  It about what you feel and enjoy.  Picking apart something I enjoyed doesn't diminish my enjoyment of it.  In the end what a critic says about GNR won't make or break them.  It will be the people who buy or don't buy the album and the tickets.  I've much more interest in the opinion of the fans than in the opinion of a critic whether he's musician or not because I know we have common tastes.

well on the other hand about that going into the studio thing and seeing how good they are, i mean is there anyone out theire who knows that they are good??

I mean i think  that they are good, and CD will be good, but i mean you cant make a judgement on another person for something that we equally dont know.