who will go see the alums play?

cuneo77

I think much will depend on who they choose for a lead singer. But, yeah, I'd definitely check them out if they come NYC.

As for the singer, there were rumors for a while that Kelly Shaefer from Neurotica might be up for the job. But nothing has been confirmed.

And then a couple of weeks ago, they were jamming with Sebastian Bach and Dave Navarro at the Camp Freddy gig in Hollywood, which was cool. However, I think we can rule out Baz as the new frontman because he recently signed a one-year deal to play the lead in the Broadway touring production of  "Jesus Christ Superstar."

I would definetly go see them and I think everyone else here would to even if they won't admit it and that's because of the curiosity factor . I would go see the new gnr even though I'm partial to the old and don't really agree with Axl's decisions at this point  .  Do you think the Alums could sell out an arena at this point IF they find the right lead singer  ???

Peace GnR Nation  8)

well if you like GNR merely for axl then thats your perogastive. But most of us liked the quality of the band. I mean for me, and lots more, the key member is slash. I am a huge slash fan. He is a great guitarist and is fantastic in the live world. As were the other guys....

I mean if your fixation on GNR is purely axl then you dont really have the right to call yourself a GNR fan.... (remember GNR was a band, not an Axl Rose solo project)

as for snakepit loaded etc....

Those band werent as successfull becuase they merely portrayed the works of one artist. (i.e. slash, duff etc)... But this band is different..... This is all the original members with the same chemistry and skills etc as the Old Gnr...

And no, it wont have axl's voice, but damn, if they get a good singer it will be a fuckign awesome project..

(that was my main problem withj snakepit ; bad singers, and they were also a little too fruity for my likings, however it was good to hear slash ripp into the guitar again!)

.. I mean if your fixation on GNR is purely axl then you dont really have the right to call yourself a GNR fan.... (remember GNR was a band, not an Axl Rose solo project)

You can be an Axl fan AND not necessarily be a GNR fan.  But you can't be a GNR fan without being an Axl fan. Does that make sense?

So, where does that leave you gnrlies?

Myself, I'm both an Axl and GNR fan.

of course they can sell out both clubs and stadiums. in my university class we are 300 ppl and i know at least 20 who love slash and half of them know the other guys too. i mean those guys are not nobodies. they have a huge name ,not only axl has ,right ? don't forget that gnr was a singer/guitarist band. who knows jagger and doesn't know richards ? who knows plant and doesn't no page ? tyler/perry? gillan/blackmore? the same case is gnr. those people get almost the same amounts of popularity. and also in gnr's case people usually consider slash cooler because of the name thing.

HD hits the nail right on the head everyone who hears GnR  knows Slash as well as AxL and many people know the old guys too many of you new GnR fans seem to act as if they were nobodies and that's not fair because the were talented and contribueted a lot of ideas and music to GnR , Axl was not the brainchild of GnR he was the voice and face of them but you have to give credit were it's due and those guys  , Izzy and  Duff  especially , deserve a ton of credit , after all what would the new guys be playin' if it weren't for what the old guys wrote   ??? .  That's why a lot of people will go see "The Project " perform , because people haven't forgotten .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

alright here is the way it is,

take away the name gnr - know you have a two separte groups of unbelieveable talent that can put on one fu*k of a show. forget about the title and bang your head.

the whole problem seems to lie within the name thing and that really does not matter.  if slash was touring with frank sinatra and called it gnr it would normal, but the first thing you would say to a friend is "did you here slash was back on tour with frank sinatra," not "did you here gnr is touring, but it is only frank sinatra and slash," so if you catch my continital drift you can understand that humans should and do want to go to concerts to here musicians not to stare at a title. when i heard the axl Brain were going to tour together i about hit the floor and was going to make sure to see them play a few times. So sunday when i am in Moline rockin out i will be going mainly for two of the muscians, Axl and Brain and that is all i care about, not what thw hell the name of the band is.  But, it is writtin, if the evil spirt harms the tiger with claws, robin provided the wings of the dove, did you here that.  Everything is Roses when you hold onto your Guns.

" know you have a two separte groups of unbelieveable talent that can put on one fu*k of a show. forget about the title and bang your head. "

ok no prob with this..

"the whole problem seems to lie within the name thing and that really does not matter."

the name thing DOES matter a lot and if you want i'll give you at least 3 reasons, but i'm sure noone wants to hear them ;)