Local Bands

forcechangenow

is there a local band out there that truly deserves some recognition for what they are doing? list some

mine are:

Blacklist 40 - www.myspace.com/blacklist40

Slaw - www.myspace.com/slaw

Idle Calss - www.idle-class.com

After Mind - www.myspace.com/aftermind

there are some more good ones, but these are just my favorites.

these guys aren't from my area, but they sure are good: Sleep Terror- www.myspace.com/sleepterror

Edited by forcechangenow

i posted one a few weeks back that i thought deserved some attention. They aren't local persay.... but they are a canadian band.

here

There are a few bands from my city but most don't have any websites made yet.

way too generic, wannabe GN'R. It's getting old. everybody hates you when you love rock n' roll???? WTF . . . I think not.

the song totally applied at their show since no one in my city new about it. They are amazing live and put on an awsome show. The song speaks the truth for my life. If you live in a world where everyone loves pop its really hard to make friends liking rock n roll... to me the song fits. Wanna be GNR... well their songs have that feel and their live shows have that same f-u attitude guns had they have their own personal touch and personality.

Nice constructive critism. I listened to your bands also but since i couldn't find anything nice about the bands i chose not to say anything....

http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror

honestly it gets old real fast... I could hardly make it to the 3rd song. After a while the guitars go from interesting to annoying. See I can be a bitch too. http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror.... a good band...."I think NOT" :rolleyes:

the song totally applied at their show since no one in my city new about it. They are amazing live and put on an awsome show. The song speaks the truth for my life. If you live in a world where everyone loves pop its really hard to make friends liking rock n roll... to me the song fits. Wanna be GNR... well their songs have that feel and their live shows have that same f-u attitude guns had they have their own personal touch and personality.

Nice constructive critism. I listened to your bands also but since i couldn't find anything nice about the bands i chose not to say anything....

http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror

honestly it gets old real fast... I could hardly make it to the 3rd song. After a while the guitars go from interesting to annoying. See I can be a bitch too. http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror.... a good band...."I think NOT" :rolleyes:

at least the bands I posted are unique, and have talent. this "crystal pistal" or however the hell you spell it are too generic, they bring the feel of the 80's GN'R/Motley Crue type band, which is used way too often in the world of rock.

I see where you are coming from on Sleep Terror, and to a certain extent I agree, they need some vocals on the songs.

I doubt you listened to Idle Class, hard to find their songs they have listed on their page, http://www.geocities.com/americium_rock/santascoming.mp3 theres the link to their news page, and the two links at the top "click here for a lick" and "now go turn out the lights" are 2 of their songs.

Blacklist 40- I can see where some people the vocals wouldn't appeal. Their riffs are very cool, and they have some good solos. Charlie is a madman guitar player, and one hell of a cool guy.

Slaw- Slaw are a very good punk/grunge/hard rock band. I enjoy their singersvoice, and they put on a very fun show.

After Mind - One of my favorites on the list, great vocals, and guitar parts. Recording quality might not be that great, but still great songs.

I guess if you are too picky to listen to good music, and instead listen to crap, thats your own fault. Not everyone "loves pop" there are millions of people out there that hate is just as much as you and me. you have to look past the mainstream to find those people. look a little harder, there are bands such as cky who have thousands and thousands of fans, that go unnoticed because of the mainstream crap clouding up everything, and their fans know that the mainstream is almost completely full of crap, who have some of the best tasted in music that you will ever find.

in my local area (Norwich), there are a couple of cool local bands:

Skintight Jaguars - used to be called Sneaking Fog but recently changed their name, don't know if they're still based in Norwich anymore or not. They play motley crue like music with a hint of ac/dc... i think.

Born Backwards - My friend recently joined this band. Don't know much about them but i saw them a few weeks ago and they're amazing. I don't know what band they're similar to, but they're still really good.

The Divide - saw these about a month ago, they're really fun and cool. The lead singer looks like alice cooper with top hat and all, avec a bottle of jack. Don't really know much about them though.

Edited by Wild_Child