Worst Cover Songs

Appetite18

So what cover songs are just really terrible?

Limp Bizkit-Behind Blue Eyes-At first, I thought this would be decent but then that electronic thing or whatever the fuck it is enters and Fred Durst has successfully destroyed a classic Who song.

My Chemical Romance-Under Pressure-The vocals are just awful.

Sheryl Crow-Sweet Child of Mine-Obviously.

Celine Dion-You Shook Me All Night Long-Ok, she must have known this would not have worked yet she did it anyway. The worst on here.

GNR-Live and Let Die-GNRs most overrated song. No its not awful and its better than the other four but I hate Axls vocals on it and didn't feel they did anything special to it, like they did with KOHD.

Not one anyone else would have herad but its bugging me.......Sweet Chold O' Mine done by a band at my Grad/Prom (call it whatever depending on where you live). I hated it although everyone else thought it was really good.

(I would feel bad if there is someone on this forum from that band)

I actually like Live and Let Die

NOFX- Last Caress. This say that this cover is terrible and that it completely disgusts me, would be the biggest understatement ever. I can not put into words how terrible this version is. What in the fuck was Danzig thinking when he signed off on this?

311- Lovesong. Complete shit. They raped a great song. If you want to hear a good cover of this song, check out Snake River Conspiracy's version.

A Perfect Cirlce- Imagine. One of the greatest songs ever... until these fucktards had a go at it. This cover is a complete abomination. This cover makes me ashamed to be alive. I seriously get embarassed for these guys everytime I hear this song. For years, Yoko Ono neve let anyone cover this song, but for some reason she let this go. Yoko should be shot and burried in the same mass grave as A Perfect Circle for letting this happen.

John Cale- Heartbreak Hotel. If a song was made popular by a man known as "The King" don't try and cover it. You're going to fail miserably.

Some wannabe country dude did Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" His name might be Yokum.(wish they would Yank 'em).How 'bout Disturbed doing "Shout"(Tears for Fears). O U C H ...

Shit, what in the hell are you talking about? Dwight Yoakam's cover of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is fucking sweet. Hell, I like it better than the original.

Motley Crue's Anarchy in the UK reaffirms how non badass Vince Neil really is.

SCOM obviously.

I agree with Imagine, but I thought it was Tool.

Goo Goo Dolls-Give a Little... when you remake a song, you need to put your own flair into it, and they don't

Goo Goo Dolls-Give a Little... when you remake a song, you need to put your own flair into it, and they don't

Yeah, but you can't hold that against them. When a band has no flair, how are they supposed to add it to a cover song? :lol:

A Perfect Cirlce- Imagine. One of the greatest songs ever... until these fucktards had a go at it. This cover is a complete abomination. This cover makes me ashamed to be alive. I seriously get embarassed for these guys everytime I hear this song. For years, Yoko Ono neve let anyone cover this song, but for some reason she let this go. Yoko should be shot and burried in the same mass grave as A Perfect Circle for letting this happen.

I thought that the first few times I heard that too. But it does grow on you after a while, it's a very different take on one of the most classic tracks of all time, which I think is why it get's a lot of people simply going "what thefuck do they think they're doing?".

It's still not as good as the original though. But then I don't think anyone could better Lenon's version.

Avril Lavigne - KOHD

Velvet Revolver - Bodies

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

Motley - Anarchy In The UK (When will people learn not to touch pistols stuff, see VR)

VR - It's So Easy, obv fine apart from Weiland.

Nirvana & Pearl Jam - My Sharona, NO NO NO NO NO!

Tom Jones - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)

For a start, that last one when done by Three Dog Night sounds like it was done in a WMC, and sounds fucking great. Tom Jones... no fella, don't touch.

Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus. Fair enough, he did great jobs of Tainted Love (in itself a song covered many times from the original 50's R&B version), and Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics) but this just failed miserably for me.

Boogie Pimps - Somebody To Love - Never, ever, ever rip off Jefferson Airplane! EVER

Some Random Dance DJ Bloke - Poison - Yes, if you haven't heard it, ripped off Cooper's poison and made into the summer dance track for Chavs..

Some Random Dance DJ Bloke - SCOM - Worst Version Ever. If I can dig it up i'll post on here for those that haven't heard it, I can't explain the wimpy vocals, but they are just ssssooooo fucking wrong.

I think that when bad bands (Limp Bizkit, Avril Lavigne) do covers of classics, people start insulting them and such. Yeah, they completely raped song rights (now people believe they wrote it) and performed it badly. But after all, some of the best writers in the world made the song, and no one, not even them, can make it sound SO bad. People say they suck because now they take the credit for writing the song, which sucks bad.

GNR-Live and Let Die-GNRs most overrated song. No its not awful and its better than the other four but I hate Axls vocals on it and didn't feel they did anything special to it, like they did with KOHD.

Holy shit...listen to GnR playing it on the 2002 tour...shit that has to be the best song they played. Axl's vocals on that song are almost perfect.

Edit: Example A

Edited by Crazyman

Testament-Draw The Line

It's fuckin' terible man!

Children Of Bodom-The Final Countdown

Oh my god that sucks big time!

Simaphy For The Devil-GN'R

Not as bad as others on this list,but Stones did it better.

i like the final countdown cover (i dont like the man's voice but the instruments are rock3 )

Celine Dion-You Shook Me All Night Long-Ok, she must have known this would not have worked yet she did it anyway. The worst on here.

WHAT?! :blink: ...celine dion did a cover to AC/DC????

havent hear it but i vote for that one for worst cover :P

Testament-Draw The Line

It's fuckin' terible man!

Children Of Bodom-The Final Countdown

Oh my god that sucks big time!

Simaphy For The Devil-GN'R

Not as bad as others on this list,but Stones did it better.

i like the final countdown cover (i dont like the man's voice but the instruments are rock3 )

WHAT?! :blink: ...celine dion did a cover to AC/DC????

havent hear it but i vote for that one for worst cover :P

Well she performed the song on an awards show so its technically not exactly a cover but its god awful I had to put it on here.

Hilary Duff - My Generation

I kid you not. She done this live and to say she raped the original is the biggest understatement ever. She also the changed the lyrics from "I hope I die before i get old" to "I hope i don't die before I get old"

OH MA GAWD.