Me singing & playing Patience

I was bored and i've never tried singing & recording myself before! Here's what it sounds like ;) i played the rythmn n lead, but also put a basic rythmn track on aswell just for timing etc. I did manage to sing a few wrong lyrics, and the solo was a first take... excuses, excuses! :lol: and the outro solo was all improvised too! oooh get me :D haha! Plus, i dont sing usually i was just bored!

anyways, the song: Patience

please be gentle with the criticism! :unsure:

Well 10/10 for producing and mixing. I thought it was great, you must have a home studio or something. Your voice is good as well, its not great, but its good! Good stuff budy, thanks for takin the time to record it for us!

Haha! I wish i had a studio!... it's just an awesome program that comes free with an Apple Mac computer, called "garageband"... if you've got a mac definetely download it!

Thanks for the comment! I was basically just interested in what my singing sounded like, as i only ever sing in the shower, lol :D

I used Apple'' garageband, and all you need to record your guitar is a special adapter that costs like £10 and it enables you connect it to a normal guitar wire and hey presto!

I recorded the vocals through the speakers, hence why it doesn't sound too clear.

Thanks for all the comments people! I didn't think my singing was too good tbh, i'd love to take lessons but i just don't have the time to. Maybe we should set up a thread that has singing tips, i know there's 2 at the moment that are asking for techniques, perhaps make a thread especially for it though? i think loads of people would appreciate it.

What Guns N' Roses song shall i try and do next? ie what one would suit my voice, it's quite deep btw.

anyone know of a similiar program for windows, and what is that adapter called?

and what do you mean you recorded the vocals through the speakers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is the link to the adapter i use - Monster cable adapter

I don't know of a windows equivilant (sp?) sorry!

And i recorded through the speakers by changing the audio line-in option to the speakers, basically as i don't have a microphone, i used the speakers as a microphone. I don't know if you can do that on PC's , becaus like i say i'm using an Apple G4 Powerbook (an Apple laptop basically). i hope this helps. The adapter is the best thing i've bought for a long time, as i can play along with my mp3's etc and see the tab on sites all at the same time, aswell as changing the style of amps on garageband!