Pink Floyd

Yamisonic

Vote bitch  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is wrong with you people? Time is the clear winner for its great lyrics, atmospheric sound effects, lush vocal, and stunning solo.

Money is just a silly pop song. It's good, but it pales in comparison to Time.

What is wrong with you people? Time is the clear winner for its great lyrics, atmospheric sound effects, lush vocal, and stunning solo.

Whaddya mean "what is wrong with you people"? Everyone voted for Time other than matt_barker -- and his opinion doesn't count.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

Whaddya mean "what is wrong with you people"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone's saying "Toughie, it's so close - Time by a hair". If this is the case, then the hair must be a good mile or two long. And that'd be illegal.

Everyone voted for Time other than Steven_Forever -- and his opinion doesn't count.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hence there are 5 votes for Money.

Edited by Lumiere

Whaddya mean "what is wrong with you people"?

Everyone's saying "Toughie, it's so close - Time by a hair". If this is the case, then the hair must be a good mile or two long. And that'd be illegal.

Everyone voted for Time other than Steven_Forever -- and his opinion doesn't count.

Hence there are 2 votes for Money.

Fair enough -- I hadn't looked at the votes, as I hadn't voted. I was just going off replies.

Anyway -- on a forum where people consider voting for Limp Bizkit over the Rolling Stones, 2 vs 7 isn't too bad.

Especially seeing as Money is the more famous of the two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly you can't really seperate Pink Floyd albums, you are not meant to look at the songs invidually, in particular DSOTM, each song adds its own.

Money is not a "silly pop song" your only saying that because it was released as a Single and got a fair amount of radio time, i bet when Waters was writing it he wasn't going ooo this will be a great little silly pop song that will be perfect for radio. Ah no, they only released as a single because their record company wanted a single, it was never Rogers intent to release any song on DSOTM as a single.

Like i said, Time is a better song, yet ALL of DSTOM is close, Time is just the strongest song on it.

["quote=johnezz"]Money is not a "silly pop song" your only saying that because it was released as a Single and got a fair amount of radio time

No. Money has a bassline that borders on disco, a hooky guitar, and a hooky vocal.

I like Money, but it's clearly a pop song.

Ah dude, the bassline at the start is in 7/4 time, thats extremely un common to use for what you would discribe as "disco." Almost all disco songs are done in 4/4.

Infact i read somewhere that Money is the ONLY song to reach the top 10 in the US Charts that is done in 7/4 time. I would hardly call it a "pop" song then.

• 2 weeks later...