Quotes

little_witch

In the spirit of something new to talk about, Axl has said some pretty memorable things in interviews, rants, etc... Any favorites?

I like

"But you can't save noboby else.

You'll be lucky if you can save your own *ss."

Paris 92

and

"...But I have no intention...

...and I never did...

...of denying you...

...something you enjoy."

RIR3

I really like this Axl's statement:

" I personally love our songs. The bottom line is this, if this were all to finish tomorrow then, at least, I've got 'em taped. I'm not writing this for anybody who listens to it. I'm doing it for me"

Another quote I like his this

(Slash or Duff talkin' about Axl : Axl wants to do stuff his way, at his pace, in his time...)

what was funny was during its so easy at RIR3,

"get that guy outta hear, that guy right there, are you listening to me mister security man?  that guy, gone, yeah goin'" it cool cause he actually says it in time with the music,, one line, then the riff, then another line, then after last line solo... that was cool  :)

"Thanks to the lame-ass security, I'm going home *BANG*"

- This needs no explination

"F-ck you St. Louis and God Bless America"

- First show after St. Louis Riot, Dallas, 1991  ;D

"Thanks to the f-ggot who tried to take my pants off"

- After stage diving after 'Paradise City' in Tacoma, 1991

"Get that guy out of here!  That guy right there!  Are you listening to me Mr. Security Man?!  That guy, gone!  That's right, goin'"

- Rio, 2001 of course  ;D

..."Regardless of what you have heard or read, people worked very hard - meaning my former friends - so that I could not be here today --- I say fuck that!"...

-Rio, 2001

Oh yeah, I'm not really sure which show it was exactly, I'm pretty sure it was sometime in 1993, but during 'Wild Horses,' Axl sings 'Wild horses couldn't suck my d-ck' instead of 'Wild horses couldn't drag me away'...lol

..."Regardless of what you have heard or read, people worked very hard - meaning my former friends - so that I could not be here today --- I say fuck that!"...

-Rio, 2001

He certainly got some response for that in Rio!  And Beta didn't even need to translate. :)

Another pretty, um, kool one:

Before 'Nightrain' in early '86,  Axl said, "I dedicate this song to Dizzy and his hand."  

I take it he's referring to Dizzy Reed because he was friends with him during the early days of GN'R.  I think it was kool how he recognized Dizzy for being a major drunk, lol

• 2 years later...

One of my favorite rants came during the Albany show in 2002.

"I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fucking Serpico and they can "suck my dick!" .."

One of my favorite rants came during the Albany show in 2002.

"I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fucking Serpico and they can "suck my dick!" .."

Lol! I loved that too. B)

Axl: There's something really wild, for me, in performing "Estranged" 'cause all of a sudden I realized I don't want to be sitting at the piano playing this song to keep the energy of the song moving live. I need to be moving around and there's something about being able to be up there moving around during it that's actually a present, a gift or something. Being able to dance and rejoice in a song. That came from situations and emotions that were killing me. You know, we pretty much mean everything we say. We don't put anything down that we're not willing to stand behind or attempt to stand by for the duration.

Axl: I feel "November Rain" and "Estranged" have a chance at getting embedded in music culture, so I'm gonna fight for them and seed them with as many people as possible. I get bummed when I hear a great track off a record and the artist says, "Yeah, but the public wasn't into it." I'm like, what do you mean? The public wasn't into "Jungle," either.

Not an Axl quote but I thought it was cool.

Tracii Guns: When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like '83? He was playing "November Rain" - and it was called "November Rain" ... you know, on piano. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He'd go: Someday this song is gonna be really cool. And I'd go: It's cool now. But it's not done, you know, he used to say. And like anytime we'd be at a hotel or anywhere there'd be a piano, he'd just kinda play that music. And I'd go: When are you gonna finish that already, you know? And he'd go: I don't know what to do with it.

what happened to those people without names member groups or gender tags or anything?

how did they suddenly dissapear?

This thread is an old thread that started when we were using the old forum.

At the old forum, members could delete their own accounts, and when they did, their names and member groups would disappear (although their IP numbers stay).

When we upgraded to this forum, that feature was no longer available. Eric has asked if it can be added, but it can't -- at least not in this version.