How much more will Geffen tolerate?

colma

Just wondering....

How many more months and years, and how much more $money$ is Geffen/Interscope going to give Axl?  I know that pressings of Appetite and the UYI albums still sell well (for older albums); but how much patience do you think they have left?

cant imagine that they would really be willing to wait another year,it was scheduled for release as early as 96 according to some reports,and again in 99,so whether you look at it as a 96 release or a 99,it doesnt really matter,they must be at their wits end waiting for him(axl)to give it the green light,Id love to know how much money they have pumped into the album,cause Id say its a hell of alot,and I personnally at this stage,if I was boss at Geffen/Interscope,would be considering cutting my losses,and terminating whatever contract they have with Axl(gnr),actually mentioning contracts,any idea what his contract is with Geffen/Interscope.

Gunners,

I don't think Geffen/Interscope is producing the new album!  The new labels is Sanctuarygroup.  So it says on this web page and many others.  Just thought I'd pass that info along, in case you didn' know. Who knows though.  *shrug*  Peace sloppies

G-Face

Very true G-Face, as always a cloud of uncertainty looms.  However look at sanctuary group's web site

http://www.sanctuarygroup.com/index.cfm

They look more like a management group.  Also geffen's site still has the GnR name and link to (shlt site) gnronline.com.  Also for the Vegas shows geffen listed GnR as being 'on tour' then with the dates of the shows posted.  On the old message board I left numerous messages for Eric Romano to check his info. but he has always left the Sanctuary Group as GnR's label.  So maybe he knows more than us????  :-/

As far as Geffen (Interscope really!) are concerned they have to back this album all the way. They've spent so much money on it already (reportedly $6 million) so far and they know that even if the album sucks, it's gonna go straight to the top of the charts all over the place because people will buy it just for the name. ;D

• 1 year later...
Just wondering....

How many more months and years, and how much more $money$ is Geffen/Interscope going to give Axl?  I know that pressings of Appetite and the UYI albums still sell well (for older albums); but how much patience do you think they have left?

since you started this thread 2 years and a couple of days :lol: