Green Day - We Are The Champions

swlabr

After Live 8 i just hated them more then i ever have. they totally dissed freddy and the crue by have green day sing it. freddy would have been dissappointed... RIP

they should of had VR sing it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What makes you so sure Scott Weiland would have done it justice? in my opinion his voice would not be suited to that song. He sure as hell couldnt sing 'Across The Universe' at the grammy's earlier this year, so how on earth could he pull off 'We Are The Champions'?

After Live 8 i just hated them more then i ever have. they totally dissed freddy and the crue by have green day sing it. freddy would have been dissappointed... RIP

they should of had VR sing it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What makes you so sure Scott Weiland would have done it justice? in my opinion his voice would not be suited to that song. He sure as hell couldnt sing 'Across The Universe' at the grammy's earlier this year, so how on earth could he pull off 'We Are The Champions'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im not trying to say that scott would have sang it better. im just saying they would have picked a better band with more talent to play it

if i could choose a band that could actually play it well id pick the darkness rock3

Green day sucks at every song they have ever preformed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Green Day's show at Roskilde was fantastic, one of the best of the whole festival (yes, much better than VR). Of course it's hard to beat Black Sabbath's playlist but this was easily one of the coolest performences I've ever seen.

I guess it's easy for you to say "it sucks" about everything you don't know shit about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would reply but you'd cry and make Eric ban me.

http://www.greendayvideos.com/videos/live8.htm

^for those who missed it check it out here

I thought that overall the performance was good. I kinda have to say the vocals sounded a little weak but overall it was a good performance and they definitley put a lot of effort and heart into it.. like you could tell they were into it.

Also I wish someone could post an honest opinion of the performance instead of just saying it sucks.. and most of you hated it just b/c its GD. <_<

Green day sucks at every song they have ever preformed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Green Day's show at Roskilde was fantastic, one of the best of the whole festival (yes, much better than VR). Of course it's hard to beat Black Sabbath's playlist but this was easily one of the coolest performences I've ever seen.

I guess it's easy for you to say "it sucks" about everything you don't know shit about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would reply but you'd cry and make Eric ban me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt you could. So I can just assume you're one of those ignorant dumb kids who don't really have an own opinion and who hates and thinks all music except Led Zep and Gnr sucks. If you don't have anything intelligent to post or even a reason why you would "hate" a band please don't say anything at all.

The funny thing all you people post the same, it's easy to spot you, "this band sucks" and "I hate this band". I've never seen anyone say why they think so. I actually think you dislike the band because of their image/attitude and not the music because the never heard it.

Decent. At least Armstrong can hold his own when it comes to playing a big crowd. Ok, he doesn't play the most complicated guitar parts or have the greatest vocal range but he has charisma.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "American Idiot" era right now, but I do like some of the older stuff like Dookie and a few other tunes here and there.

It probably is the "in thing" to slag off Green Day since they've reached their highest commerical point, but I just found "American Idiot" to be a bland album and it didn't really help with all the airplay every single received. It was EVERYWHERE at one point.

Anyway, I do like to give music a listen to see if I enjoy it, unlike many of the ignorant cunts who have posted "GrEeN dsay Is The Suzxzz" etc.

Decent. At least Armstrong can hold his own when it comes to playing a big crowd. Ok, he doesn't play the most complicated guitar parts or have the greatest vocal range but he has charisma.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "American Idiot" era right now, but I do like some of the older stuff like Dookie and a few other tunes here and there.

It probably is the "in thing" to slag off Green Day since they've reached their highest commerical point, but I just found "American Idiot" to be a bland album and it didn't really help with all the airplay every single received. It was EVERYWHERE at one point.

Anyway, I do like to give music a listen to see if I enjoy it, unlike many of the ignorant cunts who have posted "GrEeN dsay Is The Suzxzz" etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock1 Agreed, its like "Im an outcast cause i like rock music but can i be the same as all you guys and say i think this band sux too?!"

-_- To the people that say that we hate Green Day 'cause we have nothing better to do but make fun of them:

You say I have a bad taste of music 'cause I make of fun of bands you like. Green Day was a good band back in the early 90's. Yes, I am saying that I like old Green Day. I never said I didn't. That's when Green Day was 'true to their roots' and made songs that related to the youth of the time. But now days (American Idiot era) it seems as if Green Day has hit an all time low (along with every other 'rock' band now). They seem to have gotten a bit softer (Boul. of Broken Dreams) and have hit the 'Emo' side. When a band hits mainstream, their music changes. Which is what happened to Green Day. They have entered a 'world' where music is only recognized as a happy-go-lucky thing or a depressed emo thing. The only thing I can truely say I like about American Idiot (the song) is the fact that it's a good political song (lyric-wise).

I can guarantee that I have better musical preferences that a lot of people here. Not to brag or anything, but I can say w/o fear that my music preferences is better than many of the people on this forum. I listen to all music ('cept Country :rolleyes: ) and people don't have any problems with it except here. I can listen to Rap/Hip-Hop where I'm from. But I can't even mention it here 'cause I know there'll be one concieted and narrow-minded idiot to come along and say "Rap is all about hoes, money, shooting people, and cars :fuckyou: " I can't stand that. Just because I listen to Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, B.B King, Buddy Guy, The Black Crowes, VR etc, means I can't listen to Tupac, Nas, Mos Def, Biggie and shit?! :blink:

_End rant

Back to the topic. Green Day's "We Are The Champions" could have been better of course just that I think that it's a song by Queen that should remain untouched (unless it was performed with the remaining Queen members). Just my opinion ;)

PS or w.e: Don't mind the rant. Just felt the need to get some anger out through writing :D

-_- To the people that say that we hate Green Day 'cause we have nothing better to do but make fun of them:

You say I have a bad taste of music 'cause I make of fun of bands you like. Green Day was a good band back in the early 90's. Yes, I am saying that I like old Green Day. I never said I didn't. That's when Green Day was 'true to their roots' and made songs that related to the youth of the time. But now days (American Idiot era) it seems as if Green Day has hit an all time low (along with every other 'rock' band now). They seem to have gotten a bit softer (Boul. of Broken Dreams) and have hit the 'Emo' side. When a band hits mainstream, their music changes. Which is what happened to Green Day. They have entered a 'world' where music is only recognized as a happy-go-lucky thing or a depressed emo thing. The only thing I can truely say I like about American Idiot (the song) is the fact that it's a good political song (lyric-wise).

I can guarantee that I have better musical preferences that a lot of people here. Not to brag or anything, but I can say w/o fear that my music preferences is better than many of the people on this forum. I listen to all music ('cept Country :rolleyes: ) and people don't have any problems with it except here. I can listen to Rap/Hip-Hop where I'm from. But I can't even mention it here 'cause I know there'll be one concieted and narrow-minded idiot to come along and say "Rap is all about hoes, money, shooting people, and cars :fuckyou: " I can't stand that. Just because I listen to Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, B.B King, Buddy Guy, The Black Crowes, VR etc, means I can't listen to Tupac, Nas, Mos Def, Biggie and shit?! :blink:

_End rant

Back to the topic. Green Day's "We Are The Champions" could have been better of course just that I think that it's a song by Queen that should remain untouched (unless it was performed with the remaining Queen members). Just my opinion ;)

PS or w.e: Don't mind the rant. Just felt the need to get some anger out through writing :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep i agree with all that u just said. sadly i did like greenday in the 90's(but i have no clue why i did now) i personally do not like rap and hip hop but i have friends that like metal and still will listen to 2pac once im a while. i dont really care.

I can guarantee that I have better musical preferences that a lot of people here. Not to brag or anything, but I can say w/o fear that my music preferences is better than many of the people on this forum.

WTF man. Seriously.. how fucking arrogant or better yet ignorant can you get. How can you measure something like musical preference (like whose is better)? It happens to be a personally based decision for each individual. Jeez I'll just leave it at that.

I can guarantee that I have better musical preferences that a lot of people here. Not to brag or anything, but I can say w/o fear that my music preferences is better than many of the people on this forum.

WTF man. Seriously.. how fucking arrogant or better yet ignorant can you get. How can you measure something like musical preference (like whose is better)? It happens to be a personally based decision for each individual. Jeez I'll just leave it at that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I 'phrased' it wrong. What I meant in reality is that I have a wider horizon when it comes to music. I don't stick to one genre and say that all others suck. I try to listen to all genres and judge them by personal listenings. Like I said at the end of the 'rant', I used it for a way to vent out my anger. My bad. I'm not the arrogant/ignorant type by the way ;)

green day sucks ... I never liked that band .... they are just little sex pistols wannabes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont like them either but they did we are the champions pretty good , i dont u see u bein famous and makin music like them , so everyone should be quiet :D:D:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate that fucking reasoning. I'm not a carpenter but I know my chair sucks ass. I'm not a rich hotel chain owner's daughter but I despise Paris Hilton.

On topic. I don't mind Green Day. I'll give this performance a listen sometime.

_End rant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, congratulations and well done for assuming that everybody here has such narrow and limited musical tastes, that was your first mistake.

Your second was trying to appear 'superior' just because you listen to hip hop as well as rock n roll... so what? does that automatically qualifiy you and your opinion to be worth any more than anyone else's? :o

On Green Day, im not sure the band, the record company and their fans (me for one) would agree that they've hit an all time low, if selling 10 million copies of your album is hitting an all time low than i guess they've reached rock bottom.

So, this album is political? and that's bad? i guess they should still be singing songs about masturbation and getting stoned in their thirties, yeah? and im really sure they wouldn't get criticised at all for that now, would they?

yea mate fucking really diverse taste in music, way different to everyone else here.