Whats the easiest GNR song to play

Guest JohnUlmer

Depends on whether you want to play the actual songs, or easy versions.

For example the strumming for Patience is quite complicated and Slash uses arpreggios (broken-up chords played single string) but if you just want the basic rhythm, you can play the chords themselves and no one will really tell the difference. The Patience solo is the first GN'R solo I ever learned, it's quite easy because it's slow.

Estranged is hard at first but very easy to learn and adapt to, I recommend that first. Slash's guitar parts are easy enough to play once you've got the fingering down; the guitar solo isn't too hard, all considered, either.

Oh My God is quite easy to play. The opening arpreggios are easy to play, then it basically goes into some easy power chords up and down the neck. Very easy, actually.

Sweet Child O' Mine is easy to learn in pieces, for example the intro, the chorus, etc. but the solo is very hard IMO.

Used to Love her solo is quite fun and easy to learn, although the arpreggio strumming early on in the song is hard. Most of the other songs range from easy to hard but basically I'd recommend:

Estranged

Oh My God

Patience

Sweet Child O' Mine

Used to Love Her

And take it from there...

November Rain's solo is quite hard to learn, but it's one of the most enjoyable solos you'll learn, so... might wanna try that, too.

Nice Boys are extremly easy to play. Don't Cry is farily easy also.

But as people stated here before, if you want to learn the WHOLE song on the lead, most of them are pretty harsh then. imo the bass is often harder to play correctly then the guitar (except for the solos...)

Edited by evil_l

Nice Boys are extremly easy to play. Don't Cry is farily easy also.

But as people stated here before, if you want to learn the WHOLE song on the lead, most of them are pretty harsh then. imo the bass is often harder to play correctly then the guitar (except for the solos...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks man, I just like to learn some easier ones so I can get better, I can also carve Set Me Free intro up, im quite proud of that lol

I satrted about 6 months ago, went srtaight for scom intro, then some of the solos, knockin on heavens door the 1st one is very easy i think also the intro isnt to hard, the chords for it are pretty easy too.

I agree about used to love her, thats the first song i learnt chords for, d a g

Patience, easy, just gotta remeber the chord sequence as it changes throughout the song.

Im learnin knockin on heavens door at the moment, again doesnt seem too challengin!

Also, id recommend for some good pickin practice, i also use it as a warm up kind of song, the beginning of stairway to heaven, led zep.

Could anyone help me with the intro to mr brownstone?????????

I satrted about 6 months ago, went srtaight for scom intro, then some of the solos, knockin on heavens door the 1st one is very easy i think also the intro isnt to hard, the chords for it are pretty easy too.

I agree about used to love her, thats the first song i learnt chords for, d a g

Patience, easy, just gotta remeber the chord sequence as it changes throughout the song.

Im learnin knockin on heavens door at the moment, again doesnt seem too challengin!

Also, id recommend for some good pickin practice, i also use it as a warm up kind of song, the beginning of stairway to heaven, led zep.

Could anyone help me with the intro to mr brownstone?????????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My brothers been playing KOHD and I didnt want to copy so i tohguht I would go with something else, i might just try SCOM I know the intro well just hard for me going from 12 to 15 lol Im having trouble using my pinky lol!

i must be musically retarded...i picked up like 15 begginners chords just offa watching people, tryna understand barre but i think im too stupid...to my understanding it's just re-fingering the sh it so ur index finger can act as a bar...apparently not for all of em lol i can't even tune it, i don't really understand the concept...i think i belong on the dumber end of rock n roll...the germs or the slits or the damned end...i know all that sh it but i can't play a single song...can make one hell of a horrid noise though :):):):)