Totally new to guitar

Hey, seeing all these guitars on this board and some others that i am on has inspired me to pick up one and play, i have always been in to music all my life but have never got in to any of the playing aspect, but now i would like to. I will be starting totally from sctach and have never really seriously picked a guitar up before. my influences in music are pretty much the libertines, that very raw, rough sound, im not in to metal in any way at all! Solos are good but not that important.

So im just wondering what i should do about starting out, wat package should i get?should i build my own set? do i need lesson etc?

I have around 250-450 pounds to spend btw.

Guest gnr>everything

I definately suggest lessons. If I tried to teahc myself, I probably would have quit, and if I had stuck with it, I can't imagine being as good as I am today.

A few of my friends tried to teach themselves, and all said they wanted to wuit before they even tried a lesson

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing wrong with selfteaching! Just listen to songs, look at tabs and learn what you see / hear. Works for me :) And all you need is a little Patience ;)

BTW, www.ultimate-guitar.com got some good lessons.

lol cheers for the suggestions guys but im not even close to starting learning, i dont even have a guitar to learn with, thats the bit that im stuck on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well get your ass down the local guitar shop :)

get a beginer set or something rock4

youl be jammin before ya know it B)

Guest gnr>everything

Everyone I talked to suggested the Fender Squier Strat Pack, and I highly recommend it also. It's everything you need to get started, and provides good quality for the price.

Everyone I talked to suggested the Fender Squier Strat Pack, and I highly recommend it also. It's everything you need to get started, and provides good quality for the price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its £200 outta argos

or its somethign very similair

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Argos rocks! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Argos rocks! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your tellin me rock3:lol:

Guest gnr>everything
All you need is a decent acoustic guitar, a book of easy chords for beginners, and the will to practise every day until your fingers hurt like fuck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I actually enjoyed playing when my fingers hurt...kinda felt like a rite of passage and that I was getting better.