Who Do You Think Was The Worst Member Of Kiss

Hard_Rocker

Who Was The Shittest Member In Kiss  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gene Simmons.

I was watching a KISS DVD, and they had a couple interviews, and I'm like woah...that guy is RETARDED. I actually think their all retarded, but gotta love the music :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u know how they came to being? they saw a new york dolls gig and said "we'll never be as pretty as that" hence the brainwave of instead of tarting themselves up, to look like monsters. personally i think they're dreadful but thats just my opinion

Gene Simmons.

I was watching a KISS DVD, and they had a couple interviews, and I'm like woah...that guy is RETARDED. I actually think their all retarded, but gotta love the music :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u know how they came to being? they saw a new york dolls gig and said "we'll never be as pretty as that" hence the brainwave of instead of tarting themselves up, to look like monsters. personally i think they're dreadful but thats just my opinion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol I don't mind their make-up. I just find the way they answer questions is retarded, lol.

BTW does Paul Stanley purposfully make that 'kissing face' or does he always look like that?

gene or paul. gene's an idiot and paul cant play a frigging note on that guitar, watch any live videos you'll see him do a few power chords maybe and thats it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive always wondered in their vids if he could play guitar, cos he never does, ace is pretty good though,

their stage shows must of been amazing in their heyday though, just looking at the alive 2 album cover says it all

Gene should win this in a landslide as he's the biggest jerk-off in the industry , I have nothing against KISS or thier music , not a big fan , the other 3 dudes are fine , Ace is solid enough lead guitarist . Gene is just an all around sucky dude IMO , did he take bass lessons from Sid Vicious ;) , he's just a prick it seems . I heard he was gonna produce GnR but wanted to change thier style .....wait that was Paul sorry .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Wow, the blind Gene Simmons hatred is just sad. There's life beyond what VH1 tells you.

Ace Frehley: The greatest member of KISS. An excellent guitarist, and pretty good singer too.

Paul Stanley: Wrote most of KISS's songs, and is the best singer. Not as good on the guitar as Ace, of course.

Gene Simmons: Behind a lot of the creative ideas and marketing of KISS. Probably the least talented musician, but still was a part of the song writing process.

Peter Criss: Good drummer, but not excellent by any means. Wrote a couple of good love songs, and can play acoustic guitar (and piano too, if I'm not mistaken).

Musically, I have to vote Simmons as the worst member. As far as KISS's success is concerned though, he's probably the most important. Unfortunately, the majority of people in this thread didn't take the time to actually come up with a logical reason as to why Gene Simmons was the worst performer, and instead resorted to calling him a jackass.

Gene may personally be a jerk off, but there's no denying he was far and away the MAJOR focal point of the band for the public back in its' hayday with his fire breathing, bloodspitting, etc. When most people thought of KISS they though of Simmons--his "Q" rating or whatever would've dwarfed any of the other members.

Although Paul can sing circles around him, Simmons did do lead vocals on some of the very biggest radio hits(Calling Dr. Love, Rock 'n Roll All Night, Christine Sixteen, etc) and well as some other fan favorites(Deuce, God of Thunder, etc).

I was always a Paul and Ace guy first, but anyone who followed the band in its' prime will tell you Simmons was easily the attention getter for the band. And he's also been considered pretty much the brains behind the band. These guys really were monstrously HUGE back in their day and very little had to do with the music. It was serviceable, but their image and live shows(both centered around Simmons) RULED the times...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

i don't like some of the other guitarists in between the beginning and the reunion.

Vinny Vincient was pretty good actually . BTW Gene IS a huge reason for KISS's success and he must be a pretty bright dude but he is still a twat in my mind .

Peace GnR Nation :shades: