its happening guys!

scottyboy_1986

Pink Floyd will be reuniting for a world tour guys early next year. they will be performing the whole of the dark side of the moon album and other hits. it has been in a number of UK newspapers. The band wil be recieving a whooping 130 million quid!!!! the tour will finish with an Earls court special

for those who dont believe me...i was the one who posted about PF reuniting for live 8 but no one believed me then...lol, i was right.

will keep everyone updated when i hear more

peace out

scottyboy

Care to quote some sources on that information? I heard the same offer but I also heard the Classic Rock magazine quote Gilmour as saying in respone to queries about a possible tour "It's completely mad and we won't do it. The idea for Live 8 was a one-off."

So you're saying they went ahead and took the money anyway? Why did they change their minds? I find it hard to beleive that any of them are exactly strapped for cash... :huh:

Care to quote some sources on that information?  I heard the same offer but I also heard the Classic Rock magazine quote Gilmour as saying in respone to queries about a possible tour "It's completely mad and we won't do it. The idea for Live 8 was a one-off."

So you're saying they went ahead and took the money anyway?  Why did they change their minds?  I find it hard to beleive that any of them are exactly strapped for cash... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like i said, you dont have to believe me...gilmour said he would only do it for hte music...roger was the one who took most of the money for it i believe. Nick was always up for it

Care to quote some sources on that information?  I heard the same offer but I also heard the Classic Rock magazine quote Gilmour as saying in respone to queries about a possible tour "It's completely mad and we won't do it. The idea for Live 8 was a one-off."

So you're saying they went ahead and took the money anyway?  Why did they change their minds?  I find it hard to beleive that any of them are exactly strapped for cash... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like i said, you dont have to believe me...gilmour said he would only do it for hte music...roger was the one who took most of the money for it i believe. Nick was always up for it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did I miss where you said you got that info? Just curious, did Mason say something after playing drums on Waters' solo tour in 2002 about the possibility of doing it for something like Live Aid? Perhaps in prophetic reference to Live 8? Was Waters quoted in any reference to it, or further in consideration of a tour? I just was wondering whether this is speculation or if you are reading something somewhere about this... :question:

Guest gnr>everything

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?I...festyle&Topic=0

LONDON: Pink Floyd rocker Dave Gilmour has rebuffed reports that the band is embarking on a reunion tour with bandmate Roger Waters. According to contactmusic.com, Gilmour and Waters are estranged even though they performed together at Live 8.

Waters quit the band in the early 1980s and was upset when remaining members of the band continued to record as Pink Floyd without him.

Since they last performed at Live 8, Waters said he would like to have a fulltime reunion but Gilmour has not accepted the offer. He says, 'A reunion? I've been there, done that. Absolutely not."

well its been all over the UK newspapers, thats where i got it from...i got the news on live 8 from these papers and it turned out true when GIlmour and Waters still denied it...you never know, it may be true again

south india?? lol...is that hte best news site you could come up with...lol!!!!

Edited by scottyboy_1986

Guest gnr>everything
well its been all over the UK newspapers, thats where i got it from...i got the news on live 8 from these papers and it turned out true when GIlmour and Waters still denied it...you never know, it may be true again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just searched google news, you're the one posting rumors with no source...at least I have a source

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just searched google news, you're the one posting rumors with no source...at least I have a source

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you want me to do? get the newspapers and scan them in or something?

Guest gnr>everything

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...ill%20be%20back

PINK FLOYD star ROGER WATERS is keen for his bandmates to perform together once more, despite reports of the rockers' continuing animosity towards each other.

The WISH YOU WERE HERE veterans have shared a famously stormy relationship since first rocking the charts in the 1970s, but Waters is convinced their celebrated LIVE 8 (02JUL05) appearance will not be their last reunion.

He says, "I really loved it. I hope we do it again.

"If some other opportunity arose, I could even imagine us doing DARK SIDE OF THE MOON again - you know, if there was a special occasion. Something with a political or charitable connection.

"It would be good to hear it again. Live 8 was so great. "

14/09/2005 17:36

He said maybe one show(not a tour) with a political or charitable connection...and that's one guy...Gilmour still doesn't want to do a reunion

If it was in the newspaper it should be on their site ;)

Edited by gnr>everything

well there must be some truth to it....they wouldnt just pick a random figure out of the air and claim pink floyd will be payed that much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, but that was the figure they were offered and the same figure they turned down when offered with no implication that they did or intended to take it because of that nasty little detail that they turned it down ;)

Pink Floyd will be reuniting for a world tour guys early next year. they will be performing the whole of the dark side of the moon album and other hits. it has been in a number of UK newspapers. The band wil be recieving a whooping 130 million quid!!!! the tour will finish with an Earls court special

for those who dont believe me...i was the one who posted about PF reuniting for live 8 but no one believed me then...lol, i was right.

peace out

scottyboy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, tabloid newspapers

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=683

thanks for getting my hopes up

DUDE!

Don't fucking do that to me, you nearly gave me a heartache with that news.

Only say stuff like that if it's actully true, you had my hopes up for a few seconds :(

Oh well, it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking awesome if they did tour, alas though, they never will.

It would be the greatest reunion tour of all time.

RIP Pink Floyd.

peace out

scottyboy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, tabloid newspapers

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=683

thanks for getting my hopes up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wtf? thats not saying its not true....its just saying there are reports its all going ahead...read properly before posting

I'm still pissed off that they got together to do a concert for Bob Geldof which was mainly attended by a bunch of Coldplay fans but they won't do one show together for the generations of new fans who have gotten into PF since the split. I was on holiday in the US at the time of Live 8 but if I had been home (in the UK) I would've tried so hard to get tickets for the gig.

Incedently, I didn't hear Floyd were doing Live 8 until I seen it on teletext about 2 hours before ticket lines closed. Not the way I'd imagined the great reunion being announced.