Appetite For Destruction Original Sleeve LP

Nostalgia^

Im getting this the Appetite For Destruction LP with the original sleeve that was banned by MTV, the one with the robot rapist, painted by Robert Williams.

My question is though...

Is it rare? Worth any money?

When i get it i aint gonna sell it again, atleast not for a long time, but it´s nice to know what you have in your hands

Take care all

Im getting this the Appetite For Destruction LP with the original sleeve that was banned by MTV, the one with the robot rapist, painted by Robert Williams.

My question is though...

Is it rare? Worth any money?

When i get it i aint gonna sell it again, atleast not for a long time, but it´s nice to know what you have in your hands

Take care all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm from Sweden and that's the only one I can find over here...I don't like it...I reckon the cross/skulls one is one of the greatest album covers of all time...they should have just kept the LP black without the text like the cd. I don't think it's worth any money...not much anyway. I wanna get my hands on the skull/cross one here in australia....But when I got my ass into a record store they only had the "rare" rape robot one... :devil:

Yeah, I just bought a copy with the banned cover for $26.99Cdn. Brand new and in the shrink wrap. You can find lots of these on ebay and they don't go for much, so it's not what I'd call rare.

The one I bought was imported (it had a sticker with this on it). As I understand it, the cover was banned in the U.S. and Canada and maybe some other countries, which would mean that the initial U.S. and Canadian printings could be rare, but the ones from other countries where it wasn't banned are obviously not. I do wonder if you have a copy which was intended for sale in the U.S. with the banned cover, if that is worth anything. Those copies would definitely be rare.

No matter what, it's still a cool item to own if you are in a country where it's not in large supply.

It isn´t rare and not so much worth of money. About 30-40 $.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet that's more than the "toned down" cover

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can check this out if you don´t believe: http://gnrcollectibles.free.fr/html/albums...stickers_LP.htm

And the cross cover is actually rarer on vinyl than the banned cover.

Edited by Mable

Thanks for the the respone...I havent received it yet, im trading with a friend,not ebay.Actually I dont know if it´s an original printing from the US and Canada.....I doubt it tho. I didnt know that they released so many quantities of the original album outside US, I thought that if it was banned over there, the original sleeve might not have seen the ligt elsewhere, in Europe etc.

But still a very nice cover, it´s brilliant, I definetaly prefer it over the skull heads on the cross.