Arlo Guthrie's CIty of New Orleans tour

axlslash

Anyone else going? I cought the Chicago show monday night. SICK show. Cyril Neville is funky as ever, Arlo owned, and all of the guys you're never heard of were totally amazing! I had VIP tickets so I got to meet everyone after the show. Got my tour poster signed by about 4 people: Arlo's daughter, an awesome bluesman named Kevn Kinney (yes it's spelled with no i), Cyril and Arlo. Catch this show if you can. Cyril is just filling in for Arlo on the first couple shows (Arlo has no-compete clauses in citys where he'll be playing in a couple months and needed someone else to headline), and I think tonight may be his last show on the tour. All I know is see these guys if you can!

Note: For those of you who don't know, this tour is a fundraiser for clubs and musicians in New Orleans. They will play a show at every stop along the City of New Orleans train route (and yes, they are traveling via the famous train), and arrive in New Orleans on Christmas for a show, and to donate the collected money and gear.

Note 2: I posted pictures of my poster in the UYI section

Edited by axlslash