referring to the new guns n roses..

xMr.Brownstonex

I think, If this album is so good as I hope and think it will be, GnR will gain lot of respect of everyone that knows anything about music.. Sale numbers aint important, but I think GnR will be ranked lot higher than 43.place after this album... :D

GNR in the 80's was a reaction to the fluff of hair bands and glam rock.  Hair spray and mascara were more important that the music or the message. Nirvana was a

reaction to the excesses of bands like GNR both on and off stage. (Personally I liked those excesses. That in many ways was the point for me.)  Now we're stuck with nu metal.  The world is probably ready for a change but I'm not sure GNR can pull that off twice.  This seems to me to be an area where the name will hurt them.  But it certainly doesn't matter to me.  As I keep telling my son, music isn't a popularity contest.  It doesn't matter what anyone else likes.  It's about what you react to on a primal level.  Music isn't what you hear  - it's what you feel.

So no - they probably won't be as popular.  But as long as Axl is still giving us the same great lyrics and he's still singing it'll still be just as good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
GNR in the 80's was a reaction to the fluff of hair bands and glam rock.  Hair spray and mascara were more important that the music or the message. Nirvana was a

reaction to the excesses of bands like GNR both on and off stage. (Personally I liked those excesses. That in many ways was the point for me.)  Now we're stuck with nu metal.  The world is probably ready for a change but I'm not sure GNR can pull that off twice.  This seems to me to be an area where the name will hurt them.  But it certainly doesn't matter to me.  As I keep telling my son, music isn't a popularity contest.  It doesn't matter what anyone else likes.  It's about what you react to on a primal level.  Music isn't what you hear  - it's what you feel.

So no - they probably won't be as popular.  But as long as Axl is still giving us the same great lyrics and he's still singing it'll still be just as good.

Your kidding me. GNR is gonn be even bigger then they were before. You got the old fans and the retro fans. then u got all these loser pop stars who are gnr fans, so kids will like them. its all in the eye of the public.

Look!The whole group except Axl and Dizzy Reed ( I didn't see him on mtv awards ) was changed, but on the other hand - Steven left, Matt came; Izzy left Gilby came. Nobody said anything a word about a new band, yet there were three new members on the stage. So what makes it different this time? Can you tell the difference when Gilby is playing and when Izzy? I can't. The only thing that will be obvious, will be the sound of drums. Matt is ireplaceble. And Axl of course. But in the whole, they are still Guns and Roses.

Nothing lasts for ever even cold November rain... Axl said.

let's be patient.

dude of course they are gonna be as popular, everyone is tired of this pop and rap shit and there is a desparate need for something new, no, you cannot tell the difference of who is playing when you listen to each bands version live so to all you who are hoping for a reunion-- get over it... it will never happen and to all of you hoping to axl drop off the face of the earth, you will find him all over tv getting all sorts of praise from these tv hooray for tolerance!s who were nay sayers from the beginning.... oh and one more thing-- yea the old band was great and all but did you ever see the old guns n roses really scare the shit out of little kids

You are all f***ed in da head. I believe Gn'R will be as good but no where near as popular. People will react negitavely to the fact that there is no more slash and duff. They were a major part of the bands image and the bands image was a major part of the bands fame and popularity. I mean you can't expect a good reaction when you replace slash with a guy that wears a KFC bucket on his head. >:(

axl is getting old and not good looking he used to be, we all know that sex sells!! when axl was on his peak, no one could compared to him; the look, the atittude, the voice. and now the whole industry music is dominated by pop, but if the album is good, you ll never know, the sky is the limit for axl. he could be as good as steven tyler, the older they are, they more popular they are ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sick of hearing about how MSG sold out in 15 mins  that's not a good barometer of how big the new band will be because New York has so many F#*kin people that it's going to sell out because a large majority of fans live there , BTW a lot of bands sell out MSG I know I live hear , if you want a betteridea look at some of the other venues ( I know that 1 show was canceled already because of low ticket sales , The name of the place escapes me right now though .) Plus look at the tour as a whole and wait for the reviews and stats when it's finished , that's when we'll all be able to make a good  judgement of how popular they''ll be  .

P.S. I think they'll be d*am big

Peace GnR Nation  8)