referring to the new guns n roses..

xMr.Brownstonex

The man's 40 not 60.  He's hardly ready for the retirement home.  And I for one find him just as sexy if not sexier today.  Fine wine, Madison? ;)

I couldn't agree more.  As I've said before -- he's like fine wine. He just gets better with age.  ;)

Slovenian Boy....are you trying to say that of all the members besides Axl and Slash, MATT SORUM was the most important?!?  What the hell are you talking about?  Sorum contributed absolutely NOTHING in terms of songwriting, and he was/is a pretty bad drummer.  The harder rocking GnR songs off of Appetite lost their punch when played live during the Illusion tour because Sorum just couldn't play as well as Steven Adler.  Adler hit really hard and played with feeling, where as Sorum hit like a pussy and just made stupid faces the whole time.  Has that loser ever heard of the bass drum?  Hell, Duff could've done a better job on drums than Sorum did, and I say that in all honesty.  Even if Sorum was a good drummer (which I reiterate, he was not), he still wouldn't have been "irreplaceable" in the least, as he didn't do jackshit creatively.  I'd say that Brain is a much much much better drummer than Sorum, and maybe even better than Adler.

Look!The whole group except Axl and Dizzy Reed ( I didn't see him on mtv awards ) was changed, but on the other hand - Steven left, Matt came; Izzy left Gilby came. Nobody said anything a word about a new band, yet there were three new members on the stage. So what makes it different this time? Can you tell the difference when Gilby is playing and when Izzy? I can't. The only thing that will be obvious, will be the sound of drums. Matt is ireplaceble. And Axl of course. But in the whole, they are still Guns and Roses.

Nothing lasts for ever even cold November rain... Axl said.

let's be patient.

2 ADD 2 THAT QUOTE don't forget that before slash there was izzy stradlin as lead guitarist until they joined with LA GUNS and Tracee Gunn took over lead guitarist role unitl he was fired for this absentteism and drug problems so Slash is on that list as well. The fans took matt, dizzy, & gilby in open arms and from that MTV Tacoma show it looks like the fans have accepted Buckethead as SLASHE'S replacement. 2-sweet!!!

Manstis , I think  most people hear knw I'm a big Adler backer and think he was GnR's best drummer but I think that you are wrong in saying that Matt is a bad drummer ( Have you listened to the Illusion Albums ) I agree that the appeitie songs lost some edge when he played them live but that's because Sorum is a much different Drummer Sorum =Great Technical , Adler = Great Feel .  I always liked Adler the most becauseof his Garage/street sound but I also enjoyed Matt's sounds as well and for you to say he is a bad drummer makes you sound foolish . I don't understand what you meant by that girly thingy you said Matt did ,( could you explain that better  ??? )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I disagree that a lead singer and lead guitarist "are the band".  It's just that bass, rhythm, and drum players are not as high profile.  However, the best example of a band losing its umpf when they lost a rhythm section is in Led Zepplin.  I don't think the new rhythm sections GnR have had are any better or worse, just different.  That's what always has been so great about GnR, that each album has had a totally different feel than the last, though I must admit AFD is the most timeless!!

• 2 weeks later...

i reckon that the new Guns N Roses will release chinese democracy and blow the fuck out of everyone, even hardcore fans...people will buy the album in hundreds, thousands...and will sell 15 million in 12 days, not 12 years! well i dunno about that, but they will gain as much respect as the OLD GNR!

• 4 weeks later...

agree

I disagree that a lead singer and lead guitarist "are the band".  It's just that bass, rhythm, and drum players are not as high profile.  However, the best example of a band losing its umpf when they lost a rhythm section is in Led Zepplin.  I don't think the new rhythm sections GnR have had are any better or worse, just different.  That's what always has been so great about GnR, that each album has had a totally different feel than the last, though I must admit AFD is the most timeless!!

agree  :o

• 3 months later...

I think that depends on us, as fans.  We are the ones with the power to mobilize their publicity and everything.  When the new album comes out we can wear a patch, a shirt, a sticker on our cars... just support them and use our power, you know?

• 1 month later...