Axls Voice

Anders

• 2 weeks later...

he stil sings great, he still sounds great, he is still best frontman ... but it´s truth ... he sings worse than ten years ago because he is 40 now and he has lost a piece of rawness ,,, let´s face it. he is great now but he was much better. it´s obvious he has lot force in his voice, he can´t sing the same than before in WTTJ or other hard songs. but he still sounds very good in songs like madagascar, the blues etc.

sherlock, i know you deffend axl but it´s clear he has lost a bit of his power ... can´t recognize that?

Do you think that Axl could force his voice to sound like it used to?  Or was he just forcing that old voice the whole time?

I believe he could force that old sound and i think this new higher and softer voice is part of that "new" gnr style or something...

Axl's voice has deteriorated so much. he has reached a certain age and put on some weight, it was unavoidable... i'm sure that in the studio that can be 'fixed', but live it's so obvious that he lost his stamina and strength in his voice.

he is still a great frontman though.

Guess wrong...

Axl is more concerned about is face, then with is voice and personality.

GNR will only truly come back when and if Axl finally makes peace with himself. (Most unlikely)

He should take a trip, get a grip, get a wife and have a life!! And also take a look at  some pretty good examples of hard work and successfull survival like Ozzy and Aerosmith.

Maybe then the old felling will reapper...

That "scratchyness" your talking about was from drugs,alcohol,smoking and just generall abuse.  He takes much better care of his voice now.  If he can't hit the high notes as well-- well he is 40.  But overall, his voice is better.  I've heard live songs where he sounded like shit, now he sounds polished.

Guess wrong...

Axl is more concerned about is face, then with is voice and personality.

GNR will only truly come back when and if Axl finally makes peace with himself. (Most unlikely)

He should take a trip, get a grip, get a wife and have a life!! And also take a look at  some pretty good examples of hard work and successfull survival like Ozzy and Aerosmith.

Maybe then the old felling will reapper...

He will figure it out all by himself.  What concert did you go to?

twoifbesea ...

how you can say he sings better now ? you must be drunk ...

his voice is much worse than ten years ago, he sings great now but he sang much better ten years ago

Axl sound just as good as before.  

• 2 weeks later...

i think axl voice is really fresh,...not warm yet,...

it s been rested for years

however his voice is getting closer to AFD era

try download the new york bootleg,...he sounds good,.. better than leeds, VMA whatever,

.but not great,...

hopefully,....he keeps singing  and it will get better

really strange,....if you notice bon jovi,..he sounds great at album,...including in bounce album....but in live concert,...his voice does not have any power at all,...he is in the same age of axl,...

but steven tyler....his voice becomes more powerfull when he has passed late 30's