Battle of the two 70's rock Epic's

johnezz

Whats one do you like better?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Only Jimmy Page and Don Felder look badass with a double neck, everyone else just looks cheesy :P

Slash makes it work, and someone else I can't think of.

Only Jimmy Page and Don Felder look badass with a double neck, everyone else just looks cheesy :P

I hope you're excluding Alex Lifeson from Rush (and Geddy Lee's Double-knecked Bass) from the cheesy list.

Oooops, forgot them, yeah they kick ass and totally non-cheese. Steve Howe used double necks aswell didn't he?

Btw, what songs did Geddy neck the bass/guitar double neck on?

I hope you're excluding Alex Lifeson from Rush (and Geddy Lee's Double-knecked Bass) from the cheesy list.

Oooops, forgot them, yeah they kick ass and totally non-cheese. Steve Howe used double necks aswell didn't he?

Xanadu was the main one I think. They look like cumbersome things.

Here's a quote from Alex: "Sadly, the double neck's back - we're playing Xanadu on this tour. They're so heavy, they're not comfortable to play.

Geddy: "Mine's in the Hall of Fame. I dont particularly want to play one again - it's so awkward"

Mike Rutherford of Genesis used to play a double necked rickenbacker that cost an awful lot of money.

Edited by Genesis

Xanadu was the main one I think. They look like cumbersome things.

Here's a quote from Alex: "Sadly, the double neck's back - we're playing Xanadu on this tour. They're so heavy, they're not comfortable to play.

Geddy: "Mine's in the Hall of Fame. I dont particularly want to play one again - it's so awkward"

Mike Rutherford of Genesis used to play a double necked rickenbacker that cost an awful lot of money.

Haha - Alex Lifeson is so funny when he rants in the middle of la villa strangalito :lol::lol:

anyways....having sung both these songs innumerable amount of times in practice with my band (We used to fuck around on STH in the earlier days and we just started covering HC which we gotta play at a gig tonight) I'm gonna say...Stairway to Heaven...simply cuz i don't like Don Henley's voice and Robert Plant blows him away in every way possible...although the lyrics are about equal in proportional epic-ness...and as a band on the whole...Led Zeppelin Wins musically...especially on the jam solos

Ah.

Guh.

I would'e said Boney M's Hey Hey Rasputin but pah :mellow:

RA RA RASPUTIN!!

Russia's greatest love machine!!

It was a shame how he carried on!! :lol:

Ah yeah, Ra Ra :lol:

But, either way!

I think Daddy Cool is better than Hotel California really too :)