whats your dream guns and roses????

gnrfanxxx

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I love the original lineup, but in terms of Guns N' Roses making new music, I would make a couple changes.

Although he's my all-time favorite member of GNR, Izzy hasn't belonged in the band since the 80's, and he knows that better than anyone. As for Adler, I don't see him stepping up to the task of participating in the kind of material that Axl and Slash are capable of, he is still lost somewhere in '87. I would keep Fortus, because he is young and up for anything. And I would keep Brain as well.

Axl-vocals

Slash-lead guitar

Richard Fortus-rhythm guitar

Duff Mckagan-Bass

Brain Mantia-Drums

The AFD era was the best Guns N' Roses line up

Hmm ...well i dunno in terms of music , i think Matt Sorum is better than Steven still i preffer to see steven on stage

But yes for obvious reasons i have a special love for the original band , their style together was unique .

That would be my dream GNR

All these people who want old GnR so much yet they post in a section for GnR<<<<<<<<<<<CURRENT GnR.If you got such a hard on for old GnR then try the early days forum, thats what its for is it not?.I can understand the harping back to the old days but for fucks sake get behind GnR and stop living in the past.

All these people who want old GnR so much yet they post in a section for GnR<<<<<<<<<<<CURRENT GnR.If you got such a hard on for old GnR then try the early days forum, thats what its for is it not?.I can understand the harping back to the old days but for fucks sake get behind GnR and stop living in the past.

:blink::unsure::blink:

Ok Dr GOAB first of this threat is suppose to be about the perfect GNR line up for ya , so people chose their favourites , what would be ideal for them .

Is a matter of taste again .....probably you preffer the new line up well that great for ya , but you can't demand that all the people act the same

Plus because they chose the menbers of the original/ old band doesn't mean they don't like the new band ..i love the original band and like the recent line up too . :)

But yeah maybe this thread could to go another section , since is not talking about anything new , still there are many thread similar in that sence to this one .....in this section

Anybody that want's tracii gunns (!) in Gnr as lead guitar over Slash has issues...that's all I really want to say about that. You want a hair metal style guitarist who is generic at best over a worldclass rock guitarist? Hmmm...okay....whatever floats your boat....

Fortus over Izzy....Izzy was valuable because he was a talented song writer and he could bust out amazing riffs like in Double talking jive ( the solo is his), he was the one who was able to make things work in the band. Fortus might be a competent and even talented rythm guitarist with more stage presence than izzy, but cmon is fortus capable of writing "don't cry, patience, you could be mine, dust n bones,etc?". No.

Song writing regardless of what era we live in will always be important, that's why nobody wants a hair metal hack like Sebastian Bach replacing Axl Rose even though Sebastian has a better rock voice than Axl...

Anybody that want's tracii gunns (!) in Gnr as lead guitar over Slash has issues...that's all I really want to say about that. You want a hair metal style guitarist who is generic at best over a worldclass rock guitarist? Hmmm...okay....whatever floats your boat....

Fortus over Izzy....Izzy was valuable because he was a talented song writer and he could bust out amazing riffs like in Double talking jive ( the solo is his), he was the one who was able to make things work in the band. Fortus might be a competent and even talented rythm guitarist with more stage presence than izzy, but cmon is fortus capable of writing "don't cry, patience, you could be mine, dust n bones,etc?". No.

Song writing regardless of what era we live in will always be important, that's why nobody wants a hair metal hack like Sebastian Bach replacing Axl Rose even though Sebastian has a better rock voice than Axl...

But if Izzy rejoined you know it wouldn't last, can you see him playing "Rhiad and the bedouins"?

But if Izzy rejoined you know it wouldn't last, can you see him playing "Rhiad and the bedouins"?

Exactly my point, he knew how to control Axl's excess. By UYI he lost control, remember his comment on "my world"? "What the fuck was that all about?" lol Every artist likes to indulge themselves, its hard to control them. Izzy could control Axl and get the best out of him. He needs a friend like Izzy, not a bunch of sycophants like what he has around him now.

Rhiad is a horrible song, it should never have even been played in the first place....

Exactly my point, he knew how to control Axl's excess. By UYI he lost control, remember his comment on "my world"? "What the fuck was that all about?" lol Every artist likes to indulge themselves, its hard to control them. Izzy could control Axl and get the best out of him. He needs a friend like Izzy, not a bunch of sycophants like what he has around him now.

Rhiad is a horrible song, it should never have even been played in the first place....

It does suck, but I think it's a good example of the direction Axl favors, and you know he will always be dominant.

Slash - lead guitar

Axl - vocals

Duff - base

Izzy - rythm guitar

Steven - drums

Keyboards?? Not necessary in a rock band.

Man, that line up would rule the world ;)

well, they did once.....

but I think it supposed to be an keyboard player for Guns N' Roses becouse if there isn't... they cant play Estranged and Coma would be different

Slash - lead guitar

Axl - vocals

Duff - base

Izzy - rythm guitar

Steven - drums

well, they did once.....

but I think it supposed to be an keyboard player for Guns N' Roses becouse if there isn't... they cant play Estranged and Coma would be different

Coma

Drums/percussion-Matt

Bass-Duff

Lead and Rhythm Guitars-Slash

Rhythm Guitar-Izzy

Vocals-Axl

Sound Effects-Bruce Foster, Johann

Bitches-Susanne Filkins, Patricia Fuenzalida, Rose Mann, Monica Zierhut-Soto, Michelle Loiselle, Diane Mitchell

Explain to me how Coma would be different without keyboards?

Slash - lead guitar

Axl - vocals

Duff - base

Izzy - rythm guitar

Steven - drums

well, they did once.....

Coma

Drums/percussion-Matt

Bass-Duff

Rhythm Guitar-Izzy

Vocals-Axl

Bitches-Susanne Filkins, Patricia Fuenzalida, Rose Mann, Monica Zierhut-Soto, Michelle Loiselle, Diane Mitchell

when they play it live, Dizzy does the sound of the heart in the beginning

Slash - lead guitar

Axl - vocals

Duff - base

Izzy - rythm guitar

Steven - drums

well, they did once.....

Coma

Drums/percussion-Matt

Bass-Duff

Rhythm Guitar-Izzy

Vocals-Axl

when they play it live, Dizzy does the sound of the heart in the beginning

Well they don't really need Dizzy for that, just anyone to press a key repeatedly. Or just the recording even.

Slash - lead guitar

Axl - vocals

Duff - base

Izzy - rythm guitar

Steven - drums

well, they did once.....

Coma

Drums/percussion-Matt

Bass-Duff

Rhythm Guitar-Izzy

Vocals-Axl

You really got him, :anger:

but I think it supposed to be an keyboard player for Guns N' Roses becouse if there isn't... they cant play Estranged

That is true, same for NR. But I was a guns fan before those songs, not because of them.

The could still do a rock "ballad" like SCOM, no keyboards required.