Songs that grew on you?

december pain

Ok, were there any songs from GNR or anybody that you listened to that you at first thought it was okay, but as you listened to it more and more you grew too love it?

Two readily come to mind for me:

1. Nightrain. Now i know what you are thinking your like how did he not like that song that song rocks!!!! Well i got the song from itunes at a friends recomendation. first time i heard i was like, meh, could have been better. i honestly thought it was a waste of 99 cents. but i listened to it more and more, and really, who can deny nightrain??? kick ass song.

the other is oh my god. First time i heard it, i was disgusted. it was definetly lacking something, and whatever it was, i didnt like it. it wasnt guns n roses, it was axl being a fag. but again the more i listened to it, the more i began to like it. now its one of my favorite "Nu Gnr" songs, and its slowly gaining recognition among the "Classics."

so any of you have songs you hated but are now obssesed with?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estranged. I love it now, but wasn't that impressed with the early parts of the song at first. From the piano solo on of course, I loved it right away.

The other one that comes to mind is Coma. It's pretty overwhelming at first.

Kinda similar for me with Nightrain...I wasn't a huge fan at first but it has grown on me, especially when performed live. It's a better live song IMO.

Oh My god...First time iv heard it i thught it was wastw of (ammo) time...but now i thinks its kick ass.

I remember in the middle 90s iv heard the first 30 seconds of every song on Lies, and i was thinkin that it was rubbish all of it. Now i listen to every song(every day) if we forget about reckless life..

Ok, were there any songs from GNR or anybody that you listened to that you at first thought it was okay, but as you listened to it more and more you grew too love it?

Two readily come to mind for me:

1. Nightrain. Now i know what you are thinking your like how did he not like that song that song rocks!!!! Well i got the song from itunes at a friends recomendation. first time i heard i was like, meh, could have been better. i honestly thought it was a waste of 99 cents. but i listened to it more and more, and really, who can deny nightrain??? kick ass song.

the other is oh my god. First time i heard it, i was disgusted. it was definetly lacking something, and whatever it was, i didnt like it. it wasnt guns n roses, it was axl being a fag. but again the more i listened to it, the more i began to like it. now its one of my favorite "Nu Gnr" songs, and its slowly gaining recognition among the "Classics."

so any of you have songs you hated but are now obssesed with?

The very two songs you have picked AND in that order are the same for me and everyone goes, how could you not have liked Night train, well i didn't, but i love it now!

The most recent song i've grown to love is Double Talking Jive, particularly the performance they did of it in Paris 92, brilliant stuff!!

LIZ :heart:

Man I gotta start listen to "Oh my God".

Was it released as a single?

Quite a few of the songs on the Illusions were like that. The list includes Shotgun Blues, My World, Garden of Eden, Dust and Bones, and Right Next Door to Hell.

:unsure:

Oh My god...First time iv heard it i thught it was wastw of (ammo) time...but now i thinks its kick ass.

I remember in the middle 90s iv heard the first 30 seconds of every song on Lies, and i was thinkin that it was rubbish all of it. Now i listen to every song(every day) if we forget about reckless life..

I still cannot make myself like Nice Boys or Reckless Life. They're that weird garage punk stuff or something, sounds like Hollywood Rose.

Nice Boys is fuckin awesome, true rock n' roll. ^_^

I must say the new GNR songs to this, with the exception of Silkworms. I've learned to like the other songs. I guess I have fallen to the darkside. :P