Finck's Solos From 01/02 tours

DTGNRVR

CD will be great because of Axl and buckethead(?)/fortus. Not finck. Of that I am 99.9% certain.

Since you are wondering whether or not Bucket is on the album.......it means you don't know fucking shit about Finck and his writing abilities on the new CD. And if you readed Axl Rose's Rio statement about Bucket...you could conclude that Bucket won't be on CD by now, I'm 99.9% certain of that. Now how funny is that?

Would you want someone on your album who fucked you over such an event? Would you want to have Slash on the album knowing you can't realy work together anymore? Would it make you feel good if it was your album just to 'please' the fans denying your own feelings? Hell no fuckhead. Put 1 and 1 together.

Heard Robin's interlude / solo before Paradise City he played on the 2002 tour? Now that is true musicanship. Comparable style with the solo he did on Patience. Yes he sometimes fucked up badly, I do too. I don't give two shits and a penny about that. Ever listened to Jimmy Page's live boots? There are enough of those out there where he fucks up worse then the things people argue about here. Now does that make Page a bad musican? Hell no, he wrote awesome tunes. And well perhaps......finck did too.....and perhaps.....you'll hear them on the new album.......Don't give judgement on something you don't have a clue about.

ooh and before I forget. I said 99.9% too, meaning I don't know shit about the album. Just so you know. We are in the same boat. Just stop making rediculous statements about the album...before the album is actually out.

That response is harsh. :huh:

You like Finck and his so-called "guitar skills", that's great. Calling someone names becaause they don't like him is ignorant and trying to compare him to Page is a joke. Page earned the right to fuck up once in awhile. Finck played a little more than 20 shows with GnR, and I saw more awful performances than good ones. You know it's bad when people point out one particular song in one particular show and think that was good. The fact that you admit you know shit about the album is the only thing in that post that makes sense.

CD will be great because of Axl and buckethead(?)/fortus. Not finck. Of that I am 99.9% certain.

Since you are wondering whether or not Bucket is on the album.......it means you don't know fucking shit about Finck and his writing abilities on the new CD. And if you readed Axl Rose's Rio statement about Bucket...you could conclude that Bucket won't be on CD by now, I'm 99.9% certain of that. Now how funny is that?

Would you want someone on your album who fucked you over such an event? Would you want to have Slash on the album knowing you can't realy work together anymore? Would it make you feel good if it was your album just to 'please' the fans denying your own feelings? Hell no fuckhead. Put 1 and 1 together.

Heard Robin's interlude / solo before Paradise City he played on the 2002 tour? Now that is true musicanship. Comparable style with the solo he did on Patience. Yes he sometimes fucked up badly, I do too. I don't give two shits and a penny about that. Ever listened to Jimmy Page's live boots? There are enough of those out there where he fucks up worse then the things people argue about here. Now does that make Page a bad musican? Hell no, he wrote awesome tunes. And well perhaps......finck did too.....and perhaps.....you'll hear them on the new album.......Don't give judgement on something you don't have a clue about.

ooh and before I forget. I said 99.9% too, meaning I don't know shit about the album. Just so you know. We are in the same boat. Just stop making rediculous statements about the album...before the album is actually out.

One line from me brought that whole diatribe? :o

Aside from the personal insults you haven't really said much besides the fact that you like Finck and we don't know what he will contribute to CD. That's true.

Now calm down. I don't like Finck. Yes i've heard all the crummy bootlegs from '02. I'm judging him based on his "current" work in gnr which for lack of a better term is fucking shit. You like him? Fine. I don't. Deal with it.

Judging from other people's responses on this thread, I'm not alone in thinking finck is a third rate guitarist. He must suck pretty bad if fans of this new band are praising the rhythm guitarist (fortus) and ignoring the lead guitar player....

If you still believe he's a great player I have a bootleg suggestion: Pittsburgh 02: "November Pain" I promise you'll skip directly to the buckethead outro.

So, a new year and yet another new name for Jim Bob/Pittman Rose/Pig Vomit, etc. If not him, it has to be a blood relation. Either way, aren't we lucky? :sleeper:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I'm no fan of Finck, but during the last ill-fated tour I'm sure he wasn't particularly pleased about having a playlist that consisted nearly entirely of old material that Slash made famous.

This is a guy who has spent many years recording his own stuff and was probably frustrated that the majority of it was still locked away in Axl's basement. He'd obviously play his own stuff a lot better and with a lot more feeling. Whether it's any good or not, well, who knows?

I also agree that the new guitarists should be allowed to explore and put their own stamp on some of the old solos. Bucket did, and it was enjoyable.

Coming back on my last post. I wasn't making clear that I dislike people who don't like finck's playing. It's ok if you don't like Finck's playing. Cause my post was making clear that indeed he does fuck up but does have qualities as a guitarist.

The Jimmy Page example was only to show that he did ruin solo's quite often on his career. I never said that Robin Finck is as good as Page. And yes 'PatienceForAxl' My point was exactly that Page earned that right. We don't know what songs or solo's Robin has written (besides the blues realy which is quite good, not mind blowing but nice). So it's weird to say that all the good stuff will come from axl, richard etc. That was my only thing.

Yes I skip pittsburgh Robin's solo on Nov Rain too. Awfull. I do see his flaws but I can live with that so I'm not exactly a Robin Finck lover. But I can't deny that he has certain qualitys and can do some realy good stuff. I'm sure of that.

We should just wait and see I guess. In reaction to 'Turn It Up', no I'm not one of the people you mentioned nor bloodrelation.

I appologize for the insults. Just..........I find it harsh when people say Finck won't do any good on the album. You can bash him all you want on the solo's he did on the 2002 tour. Cause that we know he messed up some songs.

Edited by Dont Try Me

See the band twice in 2002 and both times how finck pulled off the solos was pretty poor, especially at leeds, but bucket completely nailed the end bit of november rain at leeds, maybe hit it better than slash ever did, but bucket's gone and i'm not a big finck fan, i can't work out why buckethead didn't play more of the big solos...

Lee is awsome...ofcourse he hit it better then dopehead.

If some sort of reunin would happen lets go for duff and lee buckethead

See the band twice in 2002 and both times how finck pulled off the solos was pretty poor, especially at leeds, but bucket completely nailed the end bit of november rain at leeds, maybe hit it better than slash ever did, but bucket's gone and i'm not a big finck fan, i can't work out why buckethead didn't play more of the big solos...

Lee is awsome...ofcourse he hit it better then dopehead.

If some sort of reunin would happen lets go for duff and lee buckethead

'Dope Head' was more reliable than 'Chicken Pox'

and theres no way that 'BollocksHead' will come back for a renuion!!

I forgot which show I was watching but during NR Fortus did the first solo and he did a very good job with it. Finck did the second solo and it was just awful. If I didn't know what song I was listening to I wouldn't have even recognized it was from NR. Bucket did the last and shredded thru the whole thing. NR is not a song that needs or merits any shredding.