Finck's Solos From 01/02 tours

DTGNRVR

Is it just me or did other people find it weird that he played almost every solo exactly how it is on the studio version and also on the new songs he played it the same every time. I think it's quite unimaginitive.

By the way I think he is a great guitarist just found that a bit weird

I'd rather have him try to due studio than improvise crap, andI'm sure I'm not the only one.

I agree.

Wasn't much a fan of those things he did before Sweet Child,and Paradise City.

Why not get a session man to play them what's the point? It is sort of admitting you don't like his playing if you are saying he shouldn't improvise

Why would I want to do that? If I went to a show, I'd want to hear all the classics and new stuff as I had known them with minor deviation, I don't want to hear a completely re-written piece. If you'll note, most of Finck's solo's are the same for the duration of the tour.

See the band twice in 2002 and both times how finck pulled off the solos was pretty poor, especially at leeds, but bucket completely nailed the end bit of november rain at leeds, maybe hit it better than slash ever did, but bucket's gone and i'm not a big finck fan, i can't work out why buckethead didn't play more of the big solos...

Why would I want to do that? If I went to a show, I'd want to hear all the classics and new stuff as I had known them with minor deviation, I don't want to hear a completely re-written piece. If you'll note, most of Finck's solo's are the same for the duration of the tour.

I agree completly. Why not get a session guitarist? Probably because 4 songs or so played are HIS songs..and on upcoming shows I'm sure that number will increase. SO why not have him play the songs how the person who wrote them intended it, and let him improvise with his own stuff.

Edited by tristanj13

I agree completly. Why not get a session guitarist? Probably because 4 songs or so played are HIS songs..and on upcoming shows I'm sure that number will increase. SO why not have him play the songs how the person who wrote them intended it, and let him improvise with his own stuff.

I completely agree too. When he does Sweet Child the crowd reacts the most when he hits a slash riff, as it was. I have been playing for 26 years, and in the old days a mentor told me something on this. I was all over on solos, making up my own thing on covers. He said "People want to hear the solo like it was in the song". Slash played "November Rain" , and his other solos, pretty much verbatim as he did on record. I think he, Robin, is more prone to improvising in parts where he should not, so I'm not sure where you are coming from on this one. Bucket was more in tune with what my old mentor said.

As to new stuff, Robin wrote his solos, like "The Blues", which I love the guitar work on, and he plays it the same each time because that's how it goes!

As to someone hearing the studio versions of new stuff, um, I'll assume I have read that wrong, cuz W.T.F.???!!!

Peace

Edited by axlskAmpf

I'd rather have him try to due studio than improvise crap, andI'm sure I'm not the only one.

Agreed. He ma not be the best technical guitarist around, but he does try.

Remember hes tryin to fill some pretty big shoes in replacin Slash.

Grimo.

Agreed. He ma not be the best technical guitarist around, but he does try.

Remember hes tryin to fill some pretty big shoes in replacin Slash.

Grimo.

If anything, the only person who could fill Slash's shoes half decently was Buckethead or Navarro. One never joined and the other lasted 4 years. I don't get why people bash the 'new guns', The Real GN'R died years ago, if you don't like the way the new GN'R does things, go listen to some of the albums that the Real GN'R made together. Anyway, as soon as Chi Dem comes out, you'll all be licking Finck's ass... :rolleyes:

CD will be great because of Axl and buckethead(?)/fortus. Not finck. Of that I am 99.9% certain.

Since you are wondering whether or not Bucket is on the album.......it means you don't know fucking shit about Finck and his writing abilities on the new CD. And if you readed Axl Rose's Rio statement about Bucket...you could conclude that Bucket won't be on CD by now, I'm 99.9% certain of that. Now how funny is that?

Would you want someone on your album who fucked you over such an event? Would you want to have Slash on the album knowing you can't realy work together anymore? Would it make you feel good if it was your album just to 'please' the fans denying your own feelings? Hell no fuckhead. Put 1 and 1 together.

Heard Robin's interlude / solo before Paradise City he played on the 2002 tour? Now that is true musicanship. Comparable style with the solo he did on Patience. Yes he sometimes fucked up badly, I do too. I don't give two shits and a penny about that. Ever listened to Jimmy Page's live boots? There are enough of those out there where he fucks up worse then the things people argue about here. Now does that make Page a bad musican? Hell no, he wrote awesome tunes. And well perhaps......finck did too.....and perhaps.....you'll hear them on the new album.......Don't give judgement on something you don't have a clue about.

ooh and before I forget. I said 99.9% too, meaning I don't know shit about the album. Just so you know. We are in the same boat. Just stop making rediculous statements about the album...before the album is actually out.

Edited by Dont Try Me

Is it just me or did other people find it weird that he played almost every solo exactly how it is on the studio version and also on the new songs he played it the same every time. I think it's quite unimaginitive.

By the way I think he is a great guitarist just found that a bit weird

:monkey: Sounds like the studio? :lol:

I'm not a big fan of robins solos..i think they were added to promote him as the lead guitarist, the same for buckethead did one too..and promote there sound, robin i think tries to hard you can see the concentration when he did those solos and that little swagger he does.

Whereas, with buckethead he just plays really fast and doesnt show anything emotionwise because of the mask but im sure he enjoys doing the solos..and he plays i think with no stress or anything....and also the solos were probably there so axl could catch his breathe not saying he needed to but you know...