GnR playing live in 2006

dobadog

I think there both underrated, and I do think fortus will be the one to take lead IMO..

just a thought, didnt he go back into the studio in december to record some parts or something, maybe he did record the lead bits again, or was working out how to play them live.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there both underrated, and I do think fortus will be the one to take lead IMO..

just a thought, didnt he go back into the studio in december to record some parts or something, maybe he did record the lead bits again, or was working out how to play them live.

I was hoping for Fortus to surprise us he didn't do as bad a job on playing Slash as Finck did.

Hearing Finck solo on better...... I thought it wasn't the most amazing solo, but I thought it was pretty groovy. The real problem is that any new guitarist is always going to be compared to Slash which means 9/10 people are already fucked.

Buckethead needs to come back to GN'R, if anything.

There's no way Finck or Fortus will be able to pull off a few of these solos from the three leaked tracks we've heard. There's just no way.

I never really realized how much of a role Buckethead was in the band until I heard these demos... changed my views alot.

Edited by Forsaken

Hey,

If i remember right in the months following Buckets departure, there was a guy named Ajax? Who had a interview and confirmed that he had atleast been approached to replace BucketHead?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/sh...php?newsid=1015

Whatever happend to him?

Does anyone know he's current activities? Maybe we'll see him at Lisbon? I'm surprised that no one has mentioned him recently.

Regards

Edited by shallow_deep

Do you guys think they will even be able to release Better. I mean they don't have Buckethead... and it's obvious that It's him playing in this song...

Still release it but list Buckethead as a guest musician

Edited by SLG

surely that guitar work aint to difficult to play?

ive gotta say i love the solo's on better :wub:

The guitar work has a real Buckethead sound... that's why I wonder if anyone else will be able to play it as good.. especially when it comes time to play the thing live at a concert.

Okay. How the fuck do you know it's Buckethead? One of the many obvious influences on that song is Nine Inch Nails. Of which Finck was a member. And he used to play solos like the one in "Better" quite a lot.

Name one NIN song that has shredding and effects like at 2:17 of 2:26 of Better. Or how about 3:24 - 3:29.. NIN have no songs with that kind of fast finger picking.

IMO the solos have a Buckethead feel to them, I think he's the one playing them. His album stuff has alot of solos that sounds like the Better solo.

I don't like that fast finger picking or whatever bucketcrap plays. Who even cares who is up there with Axl. Axl is the only one in Guns who matters to me in the current lineup. As long as they know how to play the songs it's fine with me. The only other guys who would be worth talking about are Slash, Duff and Izzy, but that's not gonna happen.

If "better" is not on the album, we will still get a bunch of nice songs with Alxls voice, that's what counts

I have one question you know why did we have two guitarists up there anyways ....I mean in 2002. I mean you like you have one person up there finck who can play somemof the songs pretty decentlybut most of the time messes up and you have another guitarist who can play pretty much anything he wants to play (Buckethead). I just don't understand the why we do? I NOT TRYING TO BASH FINCK I just want to know why. If you don't understand what I'm asking please tell me.

I have one question you know why did we have two guitarists up there anyways ....I mean in 2002. I mean you like you have one person up there finck who can play somemof the songs pretty decentlybut most of the time messes up and you have another guitarist who can play pretty much anything he wants to play (Buckethead). I just don't understand the why we do? I NOT TRYING TO BASH FINCK I just want to know why. If you don't understand what I'm asking please tell me.

do you mean 3 guitarists?

If you meant three guitarists, I agree. I see no reason for three guitarist. Of course neither of the two in the band now can covr the Bucket Head parts live so they'll have to bring in another one if they want to play those parts as recorded.