GnR playing live in 2006

dobadog

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i'm a big slash fan so it'd be great to see him doing his thing along side mr. rose but at the end of the day i don't care as much about who's playing the songs as much as i care about the music moving me and the person playing it having the intensity and passion to deliver it. That's what you all should really care about, not how the person looks or what 'gimmick' they have. None of that matters. That's not what rock & roll is about. Any true hearted person whould feel the same. You can quote me on this reply because it's real.

music comes first, or rather used to come first. But now for alot of people these days they find someone who looks cool and then gets into their music whether(sp?) or not it's any good. Whereas you can have someone who has the most phenominal music out there and look unpleasing to the eyes and will get the shaft. And we can 'thank' the shallowness of society for that. 'video killed the radio star'

Edited by biszhop

Wouldn't be surprised to see Slash at Rock in Rio on stage with Axl.

That would be an awesome way to start RIR or whatever they play first. Just have Slash walk out on stage and rip out WTTJ! God i cant wait for them to play!!! rock3

Grimo.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Slash at Rock in Rio on stage with Axl.

This are all fans dreams...

Yeah, but some just won't admit it...

why they dont admit?

Because it is unlikely that Slash will come back... They prefer to say : "Finck and Fortus are fantastic !" :rolleyes: They cling to what they have at present...

One thing is for sure, Bucket is all over these demos in a big way. I don't think you can re-rewrite the songs at this point without him on them, so most likely his work will end up on the album. But who will play these solos live? None of the other two guitarists are at his level. Axl should really get Slash back at this point and just take over the world again.

The solos don't have to be exact copies of the studio versions when they play live. Heck, most people don't play their own work note for note when they go live. I think there are PLENTY of guitarists out there that can cover the ballpark, style wise, for these solos live. I don't see why the current guitarists can't cover it actually.

Edited by mcalldp

Come on people, why in hell would Slash play in the " new" line up??

Yea he has said good things about Axl and Axl has said good things about Slash, but i don`t think Slash would play whit out the other orginal members of GNR around him.

It would be cool but i highly dubt it :(

just my opinion.......

And kaneda.... welcome back.......

If Bucket could rip through the old material, why couldn't Slash rip through the new material?

yeah.. interesting thought.. In my opinion bucket is way to much overrated.. Sure, he can play fast and he know his scales and he is a very good guitarplayer, but the solos on the new gnr-songs we've heard so far isn't that hard to play.. I'm absolutely sure that slash can play them rock1

axlg7ue.jpg